• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder v Digital Initiative

Pathfinder or Digital Initiative?

• I have/will subscribe to PF and will subscribe to DI

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • I have/will subscribe to PF and might subscribe to DI

Votes: 49 17.7%
  • I will subscribe to DI and might subscribe to PF

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • I might subscribe to both, not sure yet

Votes: 44 15.9%
  • I have/will subscribe to PF, but not to DI

Votes: 66 23.8%
  • I will subscribe to DI, but not to PF

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • I might subscribe to PF, but not to DI

Votes: 39 14.1%
  • I might subscribe to DI, but not PF

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • I'm not subscribing to either PF or DI

Votes: 45 16.2%

glass

(he, him)
Agamon said:
Going on what you know right now about both Pathfinder and the DI, which one have you/will you/might you/won't you subscribe to?
My current thinking is PF but not DI. Of course that might change as more information on each becomes available, but ISTM we have had our own Digital Initiative for years right here on ENworld.

glass.

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
If the monsters in Pathfinder are exceptionally awesome, I might subscribe to Pathfinder. However, I'm more likely to pick up individual issues for specific monsters, because I'm not a major consumer of published adventures and am unlikely to ever run the sort of high fantasy/straight D&D-ish campaigns I assume the adventure paths will support.

I will almost certainly subscribe to DragOnline initially. If WotC implements even half of the features they talked about in their survey, it will be well worth the price in the long term (I also expect the price will be considerably lower). If they fail to do any more than put Dragon and Dungeon on a web site - except that I have to pay for Dungeon as well as Dragon - my subscription will probably lapse.

Agamon

Adventurer
Kralin Thornberry said:
To me, this is kind of a loaded question. I mean, what exactly do we know about the Digital Initiative?

Of course, I didn't get Dragon or Dungeon, so I won't be getting Pathfinder either.

Depending on what is offered in the release version of the DI, I MIGHT subscribe to it.

It could be seen that way, I suppose. While I was actually interested in generally seeing who was interested in what, I also wanted to see how each company's PR concerning their replacements for the magazines has worked to generate interest. While I know each company had their own reasons (that we can speculate, anyway) for doing things the way they did, and WotC's DI could very well be super cool, I think Paizo went about it the better way. I think the results of the poll are suggesting the same. When WotC releases more info, we can revisit this and see how it changes.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Considering we don't know anything about "the digital initiative", I can't really answer this at this point. If Wizards includes really good software support, I'm all over it.

Agamon

Adventurer
JVisgaitis said:
Considering we don't know anything about "the digital initiative", I can't really answer this at this point. If Wizards includes really good software support, I'm all over it.

That's why I included the 'might' option, but I respect your right to not vote. :)

No to both.

I'll be buying other Paizo stuff though: their Planet Stories books, Tegel Manor (and probably other Necromancer/Paizo products), and maybe the book of compiled stand-alone adventures that Erik Mona mentioned as a possibility.

I probably won't be buying any WotC stuff: they don't really make much I'm interested in. They could always surprise me, though. The last thing I bought from them was Red Hand of Doom (I read through a friend's copy and thought it looked pretty good, so I picked it up.)

I have already subscribed to Pathfinder. Whether or not I will subscribe to the DI depends a great deal on what I hear about it (either by way of preview materials, or word of mouth)... So... There's no way to tell until such inforamation starts coming out. The DI will have to contain some very serious ass kickery for me to subscribe to it, though, and I have to be able to make use of the content offline in some way.

Later
silver

Mercule

Adventurer
I'll give each a look and see what they have to offer. At this point, I suspect DI may be more to my liking. I definitely think PF will be top notch and a great product -- I just not sure it fills the right niche for me.

Really, though, I've got an open mind for both.

ssampier

First Post
I haven't made up my mind about Pathfinder yet. I love these guys, but how many adventure paths do I need? :uhoh: At least with Dungeon I could count on 2/3 of the magazine for standard adventures.

As for the DI, it depends on whether it's a flat fee or monthly subscription. How much content is free is also a factor (at least give us a teaser). I would also hope for d20 Modern and Star Wars content, but I may be dreaming.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads