• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder v Digital Initiative

Pathfinder or Digital Initiative?

• I have/will subscribe to PF and will subscribe to DI

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • I have/will subscribe to PF and might subscribe to DI

Votes: 49 17.7%
  • I will subscribe to DI and might subscribe to PF

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • I might subscribe to both, not sure yet

Votes: 44 15.9%
  • I have/will subscribe to PF, but not to DI

Votes: 66 23.8%
  • I will subscribe to DI, but not to PF

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • I might subscribe to PF, but not to DI

Votes: 39 14.1%
  • I might subscribe to DI, but not PF

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • I'm not subscribing to either PF or DI

Votes: 45 16.2%

delericho

Legend
Taking the view that the money freed by my Dragon and Dungeon subs was 'bonus money', I transferred it to Pathfinder without hesitation. After the first fourteen issues, I'll make a decision. So, that's a 'yes', but it would have been a 'maybe' if not for those existing subs.

Similarly, for the DI, I'm a 'maybe', but in this case probably not. I'm not interested in the Dragon-like content, or the Wizards.com-like articles, or even the character generator. I'm very interested in the Virtual Tabletop, and if it's good (much better than the current state of the art as regards such things) then I'll subscribe. If not, I won't.

KB9JMQ

First Post
Well I already transitioned my subscription to Pathfinder but I would have tried it out anyway.
I will give DI its chance. If it is worth it I will get it.

Odhanan

Adventurer
Agamon said:
Going on what you know right now about both Pathfinder and the DI, which one have you/will you/might you/won't you subscribe to?

I subscribed to Pathfinder already.

I am not going to buy into any "Digital Initiative", barring a surprise so unexpected and so huge it is nothing short of mind-boggling (this would have to be 4th edition with extremely compelling design ideas that made me bite into a complete rework of the game. Not just a revision with neat ideas here and there à la Saga Edition, for instance. Even then... I simply don't want a 4th edition at all, so I don't see what could be so positively cool about the DI to make me interested in it).

I'm not holding my breath, I'll tell ya.

Last edited:

Odhanan

Adventurer
As a side-note, I'd just like to repeat, if I may, that whatever WotC's plans are, and however cool-er they may be, their treatment of the whole matter on a purely Marketing/Communications aspect has been nothing short of disastrous so far.

People who feel emotional like me, and can rightfully compare this to other emotional experiences in their lives, are not to be laughed at or thought to be "lacking intellect". That's condescension for people who just express some love about their passion: DnD and RPGs. I wish the whole bashing on both sides could stop, and please mark my words: not only the people annoyed at WotC, but the people bashing them or worse, dismissing them by condescension as well.

The announcement of DI when it comes may reveal something great, awesome, but I can say I will remember this PR debacle for a long time. I believe many people who just love the game feel the same way about it.

Agamon said:
Going on what you know right now about both Pathfinder and the DI, which one have you/will you/might you/won't you subscribe to?

To me, this is kind of a loaded question. I mean, what exactly do we know about the Digital Initiative?

Of course, I didn't get Dragon or Dungeon, so I won't be getting Pathfinder either.

Depending on what is offered in the release version of the DI, I MIGHT subscribe to it.

Im not interested in adventure paths so thats a no to Pathfinder. I dont pay for internet files. I like to have a hard copy, in case something happens. So no to the DI.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
No Pathfinder for me. I won't spend that kind of money on an adventure path, just not my style. The DI will all depend upon what it includes and how it is implemented. It will have to be pretty amazing for me to put my money up for it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads