• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder v Digital Initiative

Pathfinder or Digital Initiative?

• I have/will subscribe to PF and will subscribe to DI

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • I have/will subscribe to PF and might subscribe to DI

Votes: 49 17.7%
  • I will subscribe to DI and might subscribe to PF

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • I might subscribe to both, not sure yet

Votes: 44 15.9%
  • I have/will subscribe to PF, but not to DI

Votes: 66 23.8%
  • I will subscribe to DI, but not to PF

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • I might subscribe to PF, but not to DI

Votes: 39 14.1%
  • I might subscribe to DI, but not PF

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • I'm not subscribing to either PF or DI

Votes: 45 16.2%

Agamon

Adventurer
Going on what you know right now about both Pathfinder and the DI, which one have you/will you/might you/won't you subscribe to?

Pozatronic

First Post
Pathfinder's a def. go for me. The Adventure Paths are went kept me coming to Dungeon, and this new thing they got going is getting me all riled up; as sad as I am to see those two mags go.

This digital initiative? I'd have to see it before I made a decision. I dislike paying for thing that I can only view electronically (or have to print myself).

Pathfinder= 1
DI= 0

Hammerhead

Explorer
While Pathfinder certainly looks really cool (those goblins rock), I'm not sure how much use I'd really get out of it. I'd be more likely to check out the Digital Initiative (that sounds ominous, like some kind of mind control scheme). It's a lot easier to get, it comes from the official source, and the cancellation of Dungeon and Dragon at least shows that WotC is serious about the DI.

Quite frankly, our group prefers to run our own campaigns than to run those written by a guy who doesn't design adventures specifically for our group. Even if those guys are really good at designing adventures overall. We might throw an adventure in from time to time, but that's about it.

Khairn

First Post
Since there is nothing known about DI, there is nothing to base a comparison on.

I will get at least the 1st copy of Pathfinder, and will buy more if I like the product.

As for DI at this moment in time? Nope. Nada. Niente. Aint gonna happen.

Agamon

Adventurer
Devyn said:
Since there is nothing known about DI, there is nothing to base a comparison on.

*nod* Some people are saying that WotC not saying much about the DI isn't a big deal. Personally, I think it will end up being a fairly significant deal.

Wik

First Post
Subscribed to Pathfinder today, because I like having a book in my hand. Won't to the DI, because I don't like how they did it, and I don't like reading off computers.

Agamon

Adventurer
Wik said:
Subscribed to Pathfinder today, because I like having a book in my hand. Won't to the DI, because I don't like how they did it, and I don't like reading off computers.

One of the great things about Pathfinder: it's a book and a PDF, at no extra cost! Wow, what a neat idea! Too bad everyone isn't as forward thinking as Paizo... ;)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Agamon said:
Going on what you know right now about both Pathfinder and the DI, which one have you/will you/might you/won't you subscribe to?

Well, we know what the content of one will be, and not the other. Seems a bit early for a poll like this.

Agamon

Adventurer
Mistwell said:
Well, we know what the content of one will be, and not the other. Seems a bit early for a poll like this.

No, that's the point. One can subscribe to PF right now, but we know very little about the DI. Both are meant as substitutes for the magazines. The poll asks, with that knowledge, what are your intentions?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads