• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder v Digital Initiative

Pathfinder or Digital Initiative?

• I have/will subscribe to PF and will subscribe to DI

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • I have/will subscribe to PF and might subscribe to DI

Votes: 49 17.7%
  • I will subscribe to DI and might subscribe to PF

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • I might subscribe to both, not sure yet

Votes: 44 15.9%
  • I have/will subscribe to PF, but not to DI

Votes: 66 23.8%
  • I will subscribe to DI, but not to PF

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • I might subscribe to PF, but not to DI

Votes: 39 14.1%
  • I might subscribe to DI, but not PF

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • I'm not subscribing to either PF or DI

Votes: 45 16.2%

(contact)

Explorer
Originally Posted by Mistwell
Well, we know what the content of one will be, and not the other. Seems a bit early for a poll like this.

At the moment, I know that I've really liked what Paizo has done in the past, particularly the Adventure Paths, so I'm already in on Pathfinder.

On the other hand, I've thought Wizards' website has been fairly uninspiring, and several of their earlier "digital initiatives" flat-out sucked. I still remember the intial E-Tools launch. What a cluster ...puck that turned out to be. And from what I hear about D&Donline it doesn't have much going on either.

Wizards is going to have to bring it on this one, but if they do, I'm in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mistwell said:
Well, we know what the content of one will be, and not the other. Seems a bit early for a poll like this.

That's kind of my thoughts on this issue too. I voted maybe for both. I don't know anything about the DI because there isn't any information out there about it. However, after how WotC have handled everything it would have to be a very good product to get me to buy in.

Pathfinder on the other hand is a likely at this point. I'll probably buy the first 6 issues but I haven't subscribed yet. Finances may determine which way I go. It does seem like a very cool product from what I have seen so far though.

Olaf the Stout

Capellan

Explorer
Unlike a lot of people, I have no particular sense of outrage over the termination of Dragon (which I don't read) or Dungeon (which I do). I'm not emotionally invested in either magazine.

I've signed up for Pathfinder mainly because the goblins sound cool. I'll give the "product" at least until the end of the first adventure path to prove itself to me, but it will need to prove itself. $19US an issue is a steep price to pay: the material needs to impress me.

Unless I'm blown away by whatever DI turns out to be, I won't be signing up for it in the first 12 months. I figure it'll take at least that long for the teething problems to be worked out and for the people who do sign up to get a clear idea of what the quality and quantity of the material actually is. (For similar reasons, I never buy new release computer games: if I wait a few months, I'll be able to get it cheaper, and there'll be a patch available that fixes most of the bugs.)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
When my existing subs to Dragon and Dungeon are forceably expired by WotC, I'm authorizing Paizo to roll my remaining months into a sub to Pathfinder. And unlike others on these boards, I haven't even looked at Pathfinder...I'll use those rollover months to decide whether to renew with Pathfinder. Paizo has earned my trust on this one.

It isn't that I distrust WotC, either.

I didn't switch to the digital version of Pyramid when it went digital. I will not sub to DI- heck I will not sub to any digital periodical that isn't work related- because I dislike digital periodicals in general.

IOW, once the print versions of Dragon and Dungeon are gone, they've lost me as a subscriber.

End of story.

Last edited:

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
At this point it's like comparing apples to unspecified citrus. Sorta hard to tell. Pathfinder will likely have an edge in my case because I like to thumb through something before I buy.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Agamon said:
Going on what you know right now about both Pathfinder and the DI, which one have you/will you/might you/won't you subscribe to?

I will subscribe to the DI, and might subscribe to PF.

I would also definitely be buying the print versions of Dungeon and Dragon, were they available alongside the DI.

Thank you btw, for a very well worded poll!

/M

Ron

Explorer
I marked the might subscribe both option as I am open to any possibility. However, right now, it is unlikely I would subscribe to any of them.

Kvantum

First Post
Already converted my surplus Dragons and Dungeons over to PF, and I might subscribe to the DI... if it really impresses me.

Of course the last WotC electronic product was eTools, and we all know how well that piece of junk worked...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads