Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder 2nd Edition Legacy Bundle on Humble Bundle

New charity bundle features legacy 2e core rulebooks

Paizo and Humble have partnered for the Pathfinder 2nd Edition Legacy Bundle with up to 24 digital rulebooks, adventures, and accessories.

ad4c94baa459252977cd3b24b14652ca53998b5f_jpg_92.jpg

As the title “legacy” implies, this bundle includes core rulebooks, sourcebooks, and adventures for the original, non-remastered (but fully-compatible) version of Pathfinder 2e. The bundle has three tiers:
  • The $5 tier includes the Pathfinder 2nd Edition Beginner Box, the first adventure and Player’s Guide for the Age of Ashes adventure path, the adventure The Fall of Plaguestone, and a map collection for that adventure.
  • The $15 tier includes all of the above plus the Pathfinder 2nd Edition Core Rulebook, Bestiary 1 & 2, the Lost Omens World Guide, Lost Omens Character Guide, the one-shot Mark of the Mantis, and the second and third parts of the Age of Ashes adventure path.
  • The top level of $25 adds on the Bestiary 3, Advanced Player’s Guide, GameMastery Guide, the final three parts of the Age of Ashes adventure path plus a pawn collection, Crown of the Kobold King adventure and map pack, Lost Omens Legends, and Lost Omens Monsters of Myth.
The bundle benefits the charity Comic Books for Kids! By default, 5% of the purchase price will go to the charity, but you can adjust this under the “Adjust Donation” option on the site. This bundle is available until December 28, 2023. Note: This article includes an affiliate link that benefits the author of this column with a portion of sales.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Never got Age of Ashes. My understanding is it has serious overtuning/difficulty issues as it was the first released and the designers didn't know the system well.

Is it otherwise a good AP?

Could you start PCs at level 2 and have them a level ahead and mitigate this issue?

Reynard

Legend
I was considering purchasing the Crown of the Kobold King anniversary edition anyway, so this bundle is a no brainer even if I have half of it already.

Never got Age of Ashes. My understanding is it has serious overtuning/difficulty issues as it was the first released and the designers didn't know the system well.

Is it otherwise a good AP?

Could you start PCs at level 2 and have them a level ahead and mitigate this issue?

Maybe use the Weak Monster template, too. I believe the monsters from the AP are on Archive of Nethys, which means you can apply it to them through the website.

Maybe use the Weak Monster template, too. I believe the monsters from the AP are on Archive of Nethys, which means you can apply it to them through the website.

Forgot about that. One of the strengths of PF2e is that you can easily adjust those core numbers, and it is a pretty good tweak of challenge (even leaving the kinds of abilities the same).

Retreater

Legend
I'll put it this way ...
If Fall of Plaguestone and Age of Ashes were the continued standards of quality of Paizo products, Paizo would be currently playtesting Pathfinder 3.
They meet the "early 4th edition D&D" level standards of bad adventure design. And it's easy to understand why - the writers didn't have access to the finalized rules.
(Crown of the Kobold King is good, however, and probably worth the cost of the Bundle on its own.)

I'll put it this way ...
If Fall of Plaguestone and Age of Ashes were the continued standards of quality of Paizo products, Paizo would be currently playtesting Pathfinder 3.
They meet the "early 4th edition D&D" level standards of bad adventure design. And it's easy to understand why - the writers didn't have access to the finalized rules.
(Crown of the Kobold King is good, however, and probably worth the cost of the Bundle on its own.)
Oh good to know. So the whole encounter design is out of whack (maps, # stacked in a row, etc.) and not just the monsters used? PF2e is easy to swap monsters, reskin, etc. which I don't mind. Just pull from AoN and paste into a doc. But if the story is bad or the whole encounter design is off (like too small maps or lots of "dungeons" with 20 encounters in a row) then not worth it...

Remove ads

Remove ads