Converting Monsters from Polyhedron Magazine

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
It looks good, and I'd be happy with dropping the question marks. Do the basic ones need anything else?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Do you mean this?

Indeed!

How about something like this?

In any society where amazon cultures thrive, one is likely to find the emezon. Whereas amazons are paragons of female warrior culture, emezons are as far removed from battle as one may be. They frequently serve as cooks, nannies, and decorators for the amazons of their tribe.

Only on the rarest of occasions are emezons pressed into guard duty. Most of the time, they simply fight with whatever improvised weapons can be found, and only after unleashing a pitiful wail.

Amazons treat the emezons of their tribe well, and award the best among them with a trophy each month to encourage excellence.

Cleon

Legend
Indeed!

How about something like this?

In any society where amazon cultures thrive, one is likely to find the emezon. Whereas amazons are paragons of female warrior culture, emezons are as far removed from battle as one may be. They frequently serve as cooks, nannies, and decorators for the amazons of their tribe.

Only on the rarest of occasions are emezons pressed into guard duty. Most of the time, they simply fight with whatever improvised weapons can be found, and only after unleashing a pitiful wail.

Amazons treat the emezons of their tribe well, and award the best among them with a trophy each month to encourage excellence.

That looks good, although I'd make one or two little additions...

In any society where amazon cultures thrive, one is likely to find the emezon. Whereas amazons are paragons of female warrior culture, emezons are exemplars of male domesticity. Emezons normally serve as cooks, nannies, and decorators for the amazons of their tribe.

Emezons stay as far removed from battle as they can. Only on the rarest of occasions are emezons pressed into guard duty. Most of the time, they simply fight with whatever improvised weapons can be found, and only after unleashing a pitiful wail.

Cleon

Legend
Oh, I guess we should do the sample first. Human Expert 1?

That's what I was thinking, yes.

Boring old 11, 11, 11, 10, 10, 10 ability array?

Although, come to think of it, the Amazon MC entry says about half of Amazon menfolk can fight - "about half of them equal to men-at-arms, and armed and armored as their amazon mistresses".

That suggests we should do a Warrior 1 Emezon as well or instead.

Remove ads