3PP Release Would you buy archetypes for 3rd party classes?

Would you buy archetypes for only 3rd party classes?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I’m probably not the target audience but I generally wouldn’t buy 3rd party content unless I felt it was truly exceptional.

I definitely would not buy subclasses for a class I don’t own.

I’m somewhat less concerned with bundles than others - as in they aren’t out of the question - though that heavily depends on price point. A bundle for 10 dollars with a bunch of stuff I don’t use is a much harder sell than a targeted offering for 2-3 dollars just as an example. But if that bundle was 4-5 dollars then probably fine.

xiphumor

Legend
I’m probably not the target audience but I generally wouldn’t buy 3rd party content unless I felt it was truly exceptional.

I definitely would not buy subclasses for a class I don’t own.

I’m somewhat less concerned with bundles than others - as in they aren’t out of the question - though that heavily depends on price point. A bundle for 10 dollars with a bunch of stuff I don’t use is a much harder sell than a targeted offering for 2-3 dollars just as an example. But if that bundle was 4-5 dollars then probably fine.
That creates a slight catch-22, seeing as you normally have to buy something to evaluate its quality. I would definitely at least point you to MoAR: Complete though as probably the best bang for your buck on the 3PP market right now

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
That creates a slight catch-22, seeing as you normally have to buy something to evaluate its quality. I would definitely at least point you to MoAR: Complete though as probably the best bang for your buck on the 3PP market right now

Likewise - Having to buy it to evaluate its quality creates a slight catch-22 for me. Word of mouth style reviews go a long way.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
I get that, although while it would technically be legal, reprinting full classes I don’t own as part of the packet would be in bad taste, especially as I know the authors.
Hey.

You have my EXPLICIT permission, right here and now, to straight up republish the Esper, including all powers.

You want to write up a contract to that effect, I will sign it. No royalties. No hesitation.

Remove ads