3PP Release Would you buy archetypes for 3rd party classes?

Would you buy archetypes for only 3rd party classes?

xiphumor

Legend
They key factor for me would be all the classes being in different 3pp books.

If it was several classes from one 3pp book that I liked, yeah, especially if it also had support for any official classes that have a similar vibe to the work.
Do you mean that you would prefer all of the options in the packet to be from different books? Or that this would be a problem for you? Your wording is ambiguous.

Pedantic

Legend
They key factor for me would be all the classes being in different 3pp books.

If it was several classes from one 3pp book that I liked, yeah, especially if it also had support for any official classes that have a similar vibe to the work.
That's a really good point. It's much easier to justify a packet that's clearly an expansion pack to a product I already own, instead of only 60% applicable to me.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Do you mean that you would prefer all of the options in the packet to be from different books? Or that this would be a problem for you? Your wording is ambiguous.
It’s super clear when read along with the rest of the post that I’m referring to it as a negative.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I guess I would if I had the original product. If it were a mix of resources for classes I have and classes I don't have, it's a harder sell. If it's just for classes I don't have, that's obviously not going to be useful for me. I don't buy just PDFs these days as they just sit unread with a thousand other PDFs I bought in a folder on my hard drive, so it's hard copy for me.

xiphumor

Legend
I think the conclusion I’m reaching from the mix of the polls and the comments is that people want a larger, exclusively 3PP packet, but do not want anything that mixes source books. So Elementalist/Wielder is a an obvious go, Witch/Scholar is a maybe, and Esper would have to be on its own. The exception would be if the classes could be made available more easily, without purchasing a whole extra book.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Trying to read the room on this. The classes I specifically have in mind are the wielder and elementalist (from MoAR Complete), the esper (from Paranormal Power), the scholar (from Heroes Old and New), and the witch (from Mysterious and Marvelous Miscellanea).

You may vote more than once.
I would buy literally any of these.

Pedantic

Legend
I'm honestly impressed that the preference seems to be for an exclusively 3rd-party packet. That was not what I expected.
It may just be that I indexed on the 3.5 release schedule, but the pace of A5E content including most 3PP feels like the level of expansion I'd comfortably expect from an active game.

Last edited:

Remove ads