IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part III

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel is content to keep the talking to a minimum with the wizard until she has a need for further services from him. She then prepares herself for the night ahead.

worthley

First Post
"How long does this last for?" Bazrim waits for a simple answer from Allustan, glances at the scroll, and smiles. "Very good."

Bazrim then heads off, and walks slow enough that someone else takes the lead, as if he had much choice with his size.

worthley

First Post
"Well, this spell means that we don't need to wait for the cover of darkness, but I think we should wait for the mine workers to leave before we make our way in. It means there is less chance of someone bumping into us, and blowing the whole thing."

o3caudata

First Post
Eskard watches and waits as Kushnak prepares with the others as necessary, then awaits the appointed time, preferably that evening.

TiCaudata

First Post
"Even silenced and invisible we will have to take care to not disturb anything as we pass. The gates will probably be open during the shift change and the guards will be more distracted. Maybe I should lead us through the top part of the mine. We also ought to stay in formation for as long as we can and use the invisibility to our advantage when we get down to the cultists.

"Eskard, we are going to have to be VERY careful for a little bit here, don't attack anyone until you see the signal. Kushnak, can you make sure Eskard understands that?

"Other than that I am ready to go."
[sblock=oc]Erdolliel will lead (if no one objects) and will outfit herself as described in the OC thread except her sword will be readied.[/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
Kushnak goes along with the others' desires for the moment, visibly excited for the possibility of a coming battle.

He notes to Erdolliel, "There's little chance we'll go unnoticed once we enter the mine, as we'll need to carry light for some to see. There's little magic can do to shield that from the eyes of anyone around."

The half-orc takes up a flank position and moves carefully with the others.

TiCaudata

First Post
"If there is lighting already, we can hide our sources. If there isn't light, any advantage we can get against these people should be seized. It may not help much, but it will help some."

Dichotomy

Explorer
The group waits until the hubub that surrounds the miners' quit time, which isn't until daylight is gone. With the aid of the scroll and Nethezar's silence spell, the party easily makes it in. Just after you enter, a passage cuts down and to the left from the main tunnel with signs warning the miners to stay away.

You soon come to an elevator operated by the manpower of those inside it. You descend about 200 feet and it takes four or five minutes to make the descent, causing your spells to expire partway down. At the bottom you find yourselves in a strange room.

Three short passages lead from this chamber, one to the north of the elevator and one to the east and west. The door to the north is marked with the symbol of a human hand grasping an eye. A pair of crimson banners flanks the door to the east, which appears mostly broken. Each banner marked with the symbol of a gauntled fist clutching six arrows. The west door is rough stone and free of all markings. To the south, the chamber opens into a vast domed hall. In stark contrast to the rough mine passages above, this place bears the mark of an expert artisan. The black, marble tile floor glistens in the light of several glowing torches, while elaborate, carefully worked marble pillars and arches sweep over the chamber. Toward the back of the chamber, opposite the elevator's door, is a large pool of dark liquid that appears tinged with an eerie red glow. A stairway carved into the curved wall around the pool ascends to a platform thirty feet above the pool. The chamber's domed ceiling arches to a height of sixty feet over the pool's surface.

o3caudata

First Post
Obviously awstruck, Eskard wanders the main room. He pokes a stick into the pool and smells it. Then he examines the broken door. He returns to the main room with an eager look on his face and his greatsword in hand. "Which way?"

Remove ads