IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part III

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel looks around at the group divvying up the gold. "300 hundred each... If they don't have some decent equipment we'll be stretching our necks pretty far. What do you think Kushnak?"

worthley

First Post
Bazrim looks at Erdolliel, and interjects before Kushnak can respond. "It will be for much more than 300 gold each. Those holy symbols mean that they they had the ability to take down two that were strong enough for their churches to let them go on such a journey. And you need much more than a rusty blade or some apprentice spells in a book to be able to kill them. I have no doubt that we would be able to find more than double what this man is offering us down there in treasures. The problem won't be getting enough coin for the effort. The problem is how much info can we get about this forsaken place before we go."

michael_noah

First Post
Kushnak sits back, awaiting his companions' opinions on the subject. Hearing the last of it, he puts forward his thoughts. "It seems that something needs to be done. At least an investigation. What this one," he says, pointing to Smenk, "doesn't offer too much in the way of concrete information. However, we don't need much information to know there'll be a fight to be had, and that I'm all for."

"As for payment, well, getting us in to the place should be payment enough up front. You snuck someone else in, Smenk. How about you get us in, then we'll see what we can do."

Dichotomy

Explorer
Smenk raises an eyebrow. "My dead friends," he points to the holy symbols, "got in on their own. But I do know more than I did a couple days ago. He gestures to Gergor.

"Dourstone has two dozen guards in his mining camp," Gregor begins. "Half are human, and half are dwarven. The dwarves, as makes sense, keep watch at night. No matter which dozen are on watch at any given time, they are broken into four seperate groups. Two squads of four men or dwarves walk a wooden stockade around the camp's perimeter. One squad of two are stationed in a small guard tower. The final squad of two sit at the gate."

"You can't just barge into the camp and start killing the guards," Smenk continues. "While I don't know, I'd guess many of them aren't cultists. You'd like... well, people attacking the mine. Maybe you can sneak in, or maybe bribe the guards. If you go in during the day, you might run into a score of miners, but they'll likely give no trouble. Maybe a coin to keep them from telling the guards would be good. But once inside, just head for the elevator. I've been told it is very clearly marked."

Nethezar mumbles, almost inaudibly, "I can make us silent. And if our wizard isn't adept enough to cast invisibility sphere, maybe we could find a scroll."

TiCaudata

First Post
"Your dear "friends" were most certainly helping you out of the goodness of their hearts I'm sure. I, however, am not. If we have to do this on our own, a scroll might be better regardless. It saves the dwarf's spells for keeping the other wizards off our backs. Where might we be able to procure one in this town?

Assuming that these cults still have some decent equipment left, could we even find a suitable fence for the goods around this piss hole?"

michael_noah

First Post
"Always practical when it comes to gold, aren't you, girl. What about the joy of battle?" Kushnak chides the rogue. He turns to the tub of lard addressing them and informs him, "It looks like you found your mercenaries. If you're not going to be of any more help, we'll be off."

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel laughs at Kushnak's chiding. "The battle is only an added perk to sweeten the reward at the end. If we got the gold for free, we'd all end up looking like him in no-time. We will be in touch when the vipers den has been cleaned."

Dichotomy

Explorer
As the group converses, Smenk simply goes back to eating. Gregor begins walking out, obviously meaning for you to follow. As he does so, he tries to answer some of your questions.

"If you need a scroll, try either Allustan the Sage or maybe Benazel the Alchemist. For selling any loot you find, most of the shops in town will take your goods, no questions asked." Gregor gives a quick run-down of the various shops in town, what they deal in, and where they are located. However, given the size of Diamond Lake, you'd likely guess that anything worth serious coin would have to be brought to a larger city.

He then turns to Eskard. "Dourstone let the cultists into his mine. No doubt he knows what they are, so he wouldn't let you in. And killing him, well... Probably not worth the effort. He's an up-and-comer in Diamond Lake." Sensing that the half-orc perhaps doesn't get the niceties of the situation, Gregor leaves it at that.

Gregor leads you outside, and the apes follow you right to the door. The man quickly points the way once more to various places and turns to leave.

Remove ads