• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part III

michael_noah

First Post
"Smenk said the Erythnul worshipping heathens were still here, so we should start..."

As they decide, Kushnak makes himself ready by casting a few spells.
[sblock=ooc]Know: rel +6 for the symbols.

gonna do a bull's strength, magic weapon right before we go in a door.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel watches the cavern open up as they slowly travel down the elevator shaft. "Nice touch for the bowels of the earth..." As she walks out of the elevator she looks at the three doors. "Hmmm, they went through one of the doors and died. SOMEONE went through that door it looks like. Should we start there and hope to finish off what they started?"

She begins to cautiously lead towards the broken door to the east.

[sblock=oc]assuming that east is still empty after the butt kicking we gave it, we should go to whatever way Erythnul's symbol is. Errdolliel will take point and look for traps while we move.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Kushnak, Bazrim, and Nethezar all know which symbols are which. The hand/eye being Vecna and the fist being Hextor. There's no Erythnul symbol, but process of elimination...[/sblock]
As Eskard pokes a stick into the pool, he can tell, even without touching it, that the dark viscous substance is incredibly cold. The liquid is opaque and dark, except where the odd red glow tinges it, almost like red streaks, though not quite that well-defined. The half-orc can also tell that it seems like it gets thicker the deep he prods his stick.

Cursory examination of the broken door makes it appear empty beyond. It is dark and there appears to be no sound or movement.

While the others look at the pool or the doors, Nethezar climbs to the top platform. "Interesting," almost purrs. He picks up a wicker basket that he finds there and brings it back down. He shakes a leather pouch taken from the basket, and the sound of coins can be heard within. He also pulls out a silver statue representation of Erythnul. "Most interesting."
[sblock=OOC]There's 100 gp in coins.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel plucks 16 gold pieces out of the pouch and puts them in her own belt pouch. "It's probably best if I just get my piddly amount out of the way first so that we don't have to worry about it later.

"The Hextorites appear to have been dealt with. So the question is do we face magic or chaos first? I am still in favor of ensuring that this branch has been completely finished."

worthley

First Post
Bazrim looks at the pool and trys to remember if he knows anything of such things. After the examination he prepares himself for the unexpected and casts a spell upon himself.

"I suggest we double check the Hextor door first. This will decrease the likelyhood that we are attacked from behind, along with giving us the option using the area for any advantage we may gain from it."

[sblock=ooc]knowledge Religion, arcana, and planes. cast mage armor[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Bazrim's wealth of knowledge can tell him nothing about the strange pool and the substance within.

Nethezar appears to concur with Bazrim and Erodolliel's assessment as he nods.

After making their preparations, the group moves through the broken door. After a thorough examination, it seems evident that the prior party must have made quite a ruckus here. Bodies can be found everywhere, and there is absolutely nothing of value or interest to be found.

[sblock=OOC]I'm not going to spend the time re-describing this place.[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
"Well, what door next? I have no preference, as one leads to what killed the other group and the other door holds the unknown. Erdolliel, you should check to see if either door is trapped. This might make our decision much easier."

[sblock=ooc]Bazrim will keep in the middle of the group for marching order. He will also not want to carry a light source, as he doesn't need one. Just for future reference[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel cocks her head to the side at the dwarf's advice, but speaks to Kushnak. "Shall we see if they fell to chaos then? Or test aur metal against magic?" She then goes and examines the doors.[sblock=oc]check for traps and if they are locked.[/sblock]

Remove ads