• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E FREE PAIZO PDF - Player's Guide to Rise of the Runelords

Rauol_Duke

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
From what I understand, the Game Mastery modules are set in a different area of the campaign world to where the Rise of the Runelords AP is set. I think the locations are several hundred mile apart from each other so the info in the Player's Guide might not be that useful. :\

Olaf the Stout

This is not so in all cases. D0 & D1 were indeed set far away from Varisia. However W1 Conquest of Bloodsworn Vale is set just to the south of Varisia, along an abandoned trade route between that region and Cheliax.

So, in this case, the information in the players guide is pretty useful (in regards to history and background) for running W1. Likewise, having W1 might also be useful in running Rise of the Runelords since it takes place not too far to the south (definitely within traveling distance, I would think), and probably could be used as a side-quest. On the map of Varisia in the Player's Guide, there's even an arrow at the bottom (south end) of the map indicating the direction to "Bloodsworn Vale".

I seem to remember either Erik, James or Jason stating on the Paizo boards that some of the GameMastery modules would be set far away from Varisia, while others would be quite close or even take place in Varisia. In fact, D2 Seven Swords of Sin is supposed to be set in Kaer Maga which is also in Varisia.

Last edited:

Ulric

First Post
Yep. I'm getting a pretty slow download too.

I hope that means that lots of people are going to Paizo's site and supporting it.

Looks great.

I'm glad I changed my mind and decided not to buy any WotC "super adventures" this year. I can't see when could ever have run them.

I've just started running War of the Burning Sky, which at the current rate is going to take 60 sessions or so to finish - assuming the higher levels don't slow us down - and Rise of the Runelords is making a very strong case for being the next thing I run.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads