• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E FREE PAIZO PDF - Player's Guide to Rise of the Runelords

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'll look through the guide tonight, I hope, but I'll ask now: does Pathfinder look as difficult for the PCs as the Dungeon APs?

Stormborn

Explorer
freyar said:
I'll look through the guide tonight, I hope, but I'll ask now: does Pathfinder look as difficult for the PCs as the Dungeon APs?

To early to tell, but given what I know from interviews, posts, editorials etc. (particularly the interview with Mike in Kobold Quarterly) about Mike and Co. my guess is "YES" - the powers that be at Paizo seem to like games where PC death is, if not likely, then at least a strong threat.

Treebore

First Post
Stormborn said:
To early to tell, but given what I know from interviews, posts, editorials etc. (particularly the interview with Mike in Kobold Quarterly) about Mike and Co. my guess is "YES" - the powers that be at Paizo seem to like games where PC death is, if not likely, then at least a strong threat.

What kind of adventure would it be if death wasn't a very real possibility? Boring, is what it would be. I wouldn't buy adventures if PC death wasn't a very real possibility. Even probable.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Treebore said:
What kind of adventure would it be if death wasn't a very real possibility? Boring, is what it would be. I wouldn't buy adventures if PC death wasn't a very real possibility. Even probable.

That's fine and good (can't really say I disagree), but it does make a difference in whether you want experienced players or can drop it on newbies. From discussions of the other APs and reading STAP, it might be too overwhelming for new players. But that's ok; I'll train the players and then give them a Paizo AP. :] :D

D'karr

Adventurer
freyar said:
That's fine and good (can't really say I disagree), but it does make a difference in whether you want experienced players or can drop it on newbies. From discussions of the other APs and reading STAP, it might be too overwhelming for new players. But that's ok; I'll train the players and then give them a Paizo AP. :] :D

The Paizo AP might be the best training.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads