Spelljammer Converting Spelljammer creatures

Cleon

Legend
Resilient Undead (Su): Undead Old Masters are difficult to turn. They have +4 turn resistance and cannot be destroyed by uses of turn undead.

That works for me.

Organization: 1 undead old master, 1-13 umber hulk bodyguards, and 5-50 slaves of various species?

I'd think we should give it a couple of groups - e.g. Solitary, entourage (1 plus 3-12 umber hulks), or slaveholding (1 plus 3-12 umber hulks and 5-50 humanoid slaves).

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Should the org line have been updated, too?

Let's say "Any land or space" for environment and go with just character class advancement, too.

Are we ready for tactics and flavor?

Cleon

Legend
Should the org line have been updated, too?

I thought that was still under discussion, or are you all right with "Solitary, entourage (1 plus 3-12 umber hulks), or slaveholding (1 plus 3-12 umber hulks and 5-50 humanoid slaves)"?

Let's say "Any land or space" for environment and go with just character class advancement, too.

Works for me.

Are we ready for tactics and flavor?

Guess so, assuming you're OK with the above.

freyar

I did say I'd agree with that org. ;)

Yes, definitely OK with all that.

CR 9 looks about right compared to the spirit naga.

Tactics: Tries to enslave the biggest melee threat first? What do you think?

Cleon

Legend
I did say I'd agree with that org. ;)

You did did you.

Yes, definitely OK with all that.

CR 9 looks about right compared to the spirit naga.

Updating the Neogi Undead Old Master Working Draft.

Tactics: Tries to enslave the biggest melee threat first? What do you think?

Being extraordinarily intelligent and devious creatures, undead old masters

Being extraordinarily intelligent creatures, undead old masters can use a myriad of tactics and are capable of very complex strategy. These undead neogi prefer devious ambushes, usually using invisibility. They often try to incapacitate their enemies with web or stinking cloud and then leave the dirty work to umber hulk bodyguards. They sometimes secretly use their enslave power on a powerful member of an opposing group and order them to lead their party into peril.

An undead old master will not hesitate to flee if an encounter turns against them, often abandoning some or all of its slaves to fight a rearguard action.

freyar

Just noticed this about the draft: shouldn't the Spellcasting underbar be under the Skills and Possessions lines as it's about a variant monster?

A dessicated spider-like creature with withered fur and empty eye cavities in its serpentine head
How about that?

Cleon

Legend
Just noticed this about the draft: shouldn't the Spellcasting underbar be under the Skills and Possessions lines as it's about a variant monster?

It makes no difference to me, I'll move it if it makes you happier.

A dessicated spider-like creature with withered fur and empty eye cavities in its serpentine head
How about that?

It's eyes are "sockets lit by ghostly lights" - a bit clichéd, but we'd better include it.

freyar

A dessicated spider-like creature with withered fur and empty eye cavities filled with phantom lights in its serpentine head.

Work better for you?

Remove ads