• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting First Edition Monsters

Cleon

Legend
Any spear combo is fine by me.

I just realized an easy way of solving this problem was checking what the Hek in UK6 are armed with.

It turns out that the Hek tribesmen have shortswords (1-6 damage) and the leaders have longswords (1-8), with both using leather + shield as armor. Those that ride Giant Striders use light lances (1-6 damage).

So, longswords and spears for weapons? Those both do 1d6 in a small creature's hand.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I just realized an easy way of solving this problem was checking what the Hek in UK6 are armed with.

It turns out that the Hek tribesmen have shortswords (1-6 damage) and the leaders have longswords (1-8), with both using leather + shield as armor. Those that ride Giant Striders use light lances (1-6 damage).

So, longswords and spears for weapons? Those both do 1d6 in a small creature's hand.

Wow...good idea.

Yeah, that suggestion appeals.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Self-Sufficient is fine, though it doesn't play too well with the available warrior skills. What about something like Animal Affinity? Or do you want to spread out the bonuses a bit?

Cleon

Legend
Self-Sufficient is fine, though it doesn't play too well with the available warrior skills. What about something like Animal Affinity? Or do you want to spread out the bonuses a bit?

Animal Affinity is fine - it'll go well with their Giant Striders. We could consider Mounted Combat as an alternative, but a Strider's got AC 16 so a +4 Ride skill would make the feat of limited use.

Remove ads