• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Will you buy 5.5e/6e PHB?

Will you buy 5.5e/6e PHB?

• Yes

Votes: 64 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 41.7%

No. Because any changes I want to make to 5E (which are few) I can do myself at this point and I have zero interest in any of the official products WotC is putting out. I’m not angry, just disappointed.

After 5E, I’ll be looking to other TTRPG’s. Maybe after a season of other systems will I’ll dive back into official content.

Hex08

Hero
Nope. I've been playing RPGs since the Basic/Expert sets and with the demise of 3.5 I decided to not give TSR/WotC/Hasbro any more of my money. I moved on to Pathfinder 1e and other games since. I have so much D&D gaming material for AD&D/D&D 3.x/Pathfinder/Castles & Crusades that there is no reason for me to spend more money on D&D. Add to that all of the other RPGs I own and I have more material than I could hope to use in my lifetime. New School D&D just doesn't offer anything to me that my older stuff and new games don't.

dave2008

Legend
Little of MOTM was publicly playtested: just the new kobold and hobgoblin, and the latter didn't acknowledge it was going to become the new default. (Technically you could also count the harengon and fairy, but they appeared in Witchlight first.) And the polls so far have been extremely general, with little indication of why they're asking the questions they are.

So I do wonder just how much of 2024 edition will be given an open playtest, compared to 2014 5E. We may not get a complete picture of many changes until they're basically a done deal. But we'll see over the next two years!
The difference is that when the announced the 2024 update they said it would be play tested. They never said that about MOTM.

LoganRan

Explorer
I haven't liked any version of WotC D&D.

3E? Nope. 4E? Nope. 5E? Nope. Three strikes and you're out.

They've had 20+ years to make a version of D&D I would actually like and have failed to do so. I see no reason to believe they will "get it right" (for me) with the next (non) edition.

dave2008

Legend
On the bright side, promising a playtest does mean there will likely be some fairly significant changes.
You would think, but I still doubt it for some reason. I guess I am one of those that doesn't see a need for changes so I guess that is why I doubt it. It is not like they are ever going to adopt our house-rules and I don't really need anything else changed, so...

Remove ads