• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Bard is the biggest mystery in the 5.75e PHB

I'm not expecting a lot of huge changes in the other classes compared to their last UA appearance, just tweaks, but the exception is the Bard because after the last UA reveal where you can pick your spell list/power source, they yanked out the Power Source lists that trait depended on.

So now Bard is the big class wild card in the next PHB, and it drives me nuts not knowing what to expect with it. Really it should have been in the very last PHB UA honestly.

What changes to the Bard do you think they have made?

Are they still just Arcane casters again, or maybe get a basic bard spell list then choose from the Cleric, Sorcerer, Druid Spell lists?

Any other none spell list changes to Bard or its subclasses are you expecting?

I think it's going back to the Bard spell list being around, there just might be more choices for extra spells, or maybe Magical Secrets is something Bards get earlier.

They're probably keeping the change Font of Inspiration, where you can exchange a spell slot for Bardic Inspiration Die.

I can still see that Power Word capstone ability remaining in some form, because Bards never had a capstone ability.

Weapon Mastery might be added to the College of Valor.

I think it's going back to the Bard spell list being around, there just might be more choices for extra spells, or maybe Magical Secrets is something Bards get earlier.

They're probably keeping the change Font of Inspiration, where you can exchange a spell slot for Bardic Inspiration Die.

I can still see that Power Word capstone ability remaining in some form, because Bards never had a capstone ability.

Weapon Mastery might be added to the College of Valor.

Makes sense, what in character power source will they have, Arcane?

bmfrosty

Explorer
No because Tasha's was too big a change to be a mere 5.25.

I base my number on how some folks called OG Patherfinder D&D 3.75e.
Don't get the thread hung up on what number should be applied.

I thought Tasha was like a 5.1, but to each their own. I think a lot of what was in Tasha's probably should have been there from the start and should have been considered a correction. Specifically (and it has been a while since I looked at 5e at all), I think Tasha's added a bunch of fluidity to the game that should have been there early on.

Remove ads