• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Will you buy 5.5e/6e PHB?

Will you buy 5.5e/6e PHB?

• Yes

Votes: 64 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 41.7%

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Buy it? Of course - I know who I am.

Play it? If it's what I think it's going to be probably - if it's actually just 5e with errata and tweaks and my 5e players don't have to buy into it for me to use the material then yes. Otherwise probably not. My 5e players aren't going to buy new books just because an anniversary edition is around the corner. They're mostly kids and/or have too many other things to spend their money on. (Heck for most of the kids I'm the one who bought them their first books - Johnny D&D-seed planting D&D books across the land...)

If it's a full edition upgrade where my players need new books then forget it. Unlike the 3e switch where I was begging for a new edition when it came, 5e is a reasonable game for what it is and for the groups it doesn't work for I have 13th age. I don't need D&D to be a different game.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
The best thing about the newer editions is all the preview and playtest stuff. A real try before you buy era.
I tend to avoid play test material and aloha/beta test games.

I can and sometimes do make exceptions but in general I want to experience the final product.

For example I’m excited about Baulders Gate 3 but haven’t purchased it while they are still creating it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads