• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who is the coolest Fantasy Character?

Who your favorite fantasy character from this list?

• Conan the Cimerrian

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Elric of Melnibone

Votes: 18 12.3%
  • The Waylander

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Kane

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Xena

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Rand al'Thor

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • The Grey Mouser

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Gandalf

Votes: 35 24.0%
  • Harry Potter

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • The everpresent "other" (post below)

Votes: 45 30.8%

Nish

First Post
I'm going to have to go with the Master of All that is Secret and Hidden:

Vecna.

No one is cooler than the Whispered One.

drnuncheon

Explorer
I'll have to go with Tyrion Lannister as well. Unlike most of the other people bandied about, Tyrion is not only cool but he does it despite disadvantages that would make Drizzt and Elric sit down and emit angst-filled whines.

Vlad Taltos (the ultimate smartass) is right on his heels though. Silk and the Mouser have nothing on him. He hangs out with some of the most powerful people in his world and gets by - not by power or skill, but by virtue of his immense chutzpah. He's got Attitude.

J

Mortaneus

First Post
I second (and third and fourth) the Justicar, Vlad Taltos, and Sethra Lavode. As for Silk from the Eddings novels, yes, he's cool, but he's got nothing on Sparhawk.

Tyrion

First Post
King_Stannis said:
i voted "other", because i was thinking of Tyrion Lannister from The Song of Ice and Fire series. He has redefined cool to me.

Why, thank you! You're pretty cool yourself...but get rid of that nasty Melisandre. :D

King_Stannis

Explorer
Tyrion said:

Why, thank you! You're pretty cool yourself...but get rid of that nasty Melisandre. :D

good to see you, my old friend! :)

sorry, but the red-witch stays. the sex is great!

but eech, those leeches really suck :)

Dave G

First Post
I voted 'other' but my vote is for Gerrald Tarrant from the Coldfire Trilogy!

The poll choices were good, but I am lame and am not familiar with them all, could someone post the books they came from?

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
Roger Zelazny wrote the coolest characters...

ShadowJack
Dilvish
Corwin (and even his son, Merlin)

All of his protagonists are total bad-asses! :D

My second vote would be for Severian the Torturer, from Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun

And if I had to pick one off the list it would definitely be the Grey Mouser. Fritz Leiber was one of the first fantasy authors that I encountered after Tolkien, and the Mouser is the epitome of cool...

Sodalis

First Post
originallyposted by Tboarder:

No choice for the midget from Willow?

his name is Willow.

and my choice is Madmortigan (Val Kilmer from willow). He is a thief, but he kikked everyone's arses in the movie- even the main bad evil guy (fighter i think)...

imagine the day when a rogue can go toe to toe with a high lvl fighter and win outright.... "you are great..." - Willow
:cool:

Remove ads