• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Which non-Realmsian setting for you?

Which Non-Realmsian Setting Would You Like Next?

• Birthright

Votes: 126 13.5%
  • Blackmoor

Votes: 51 5.5%
  • Council of Wyrms

Votes: 34 3.6%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 189 20.2%
  • Dragon Fist

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 143 15.3%
  • Eberron

Votes: 226 24.2%
  • Ghostwalk

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 298 31.9%
  • Jakandor

Votes: 9 1.0%
  • Kingdoms of Kalamar

Votes: 27 2.9%
  • Lankhmar

Votes: 47 5.0%
  • Mahasarpa

Votes: 7 0.7%
  • Mystara

Votes: 132 14.1%
  • Nentir Vale

Votes: 61 6.5%
  • Pelinore

Votes: 9 1.0%
  • Planescape

Votes: 227 24.3%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 171 18.3%
  • Rokugan

Votes: 29 3.1%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 134 14.3%
  • Thunder Rift

Votes: 15 1.6%
  • Warcraft

Votes: 29 3.1%
  • Wilderlands of High Fantasy

Votes: 47 5.0%
  • The Hysterical "What?!!?one! I can't believe you forgot XXXXXX!" option

Votes: 37 4.0%

Dark Sun. Get the Psionics rules in for those who want them.

Mystara

The only choice.
I LOVE Mystara, but unless we are getting the Immortal rules, The 5E ruleset kinda has enough to get done what needs doing for a Mystara setting. And if we ARE getting Immortals rules, then it should be the last rules the edition sees. 3e's Epic level handbooks debacle need not be repeated.

btmcrae

First Post
Seeing as the last poll was so successful seeing the top two winners, Greyhawk and Planescape (hey, look who's ahead again!), being given the lion's share of WotC product support since, this poll ought to really make a difference too. :erm:

Last edited:

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
I'd love to see FFG's Midnight.

With 5E's non-magical healing and lack of reliance on magic items, it might be a simple conversion already. Although I'm not sure how the heroic paths would fit into the 5E paradigm. Since they were in exchange for having no magic items, you could get away without using them. But they were really nifty.

JWO

First Post
I'm not really very familiar with Greyhawk (so apologies if I'm way off the mark here!) but I get the impression that it wouldn't really be different enough from Forgotten Realms for it to make any sense releasing it as a separate setting. Something like Dark sun or Eberron seem a lot more distinctive...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Pelinore!

It's where I will be running my 5e campaign. I already started running an adventure from Imagine magazine - converting the Basic stats on the fly. I've also started doing some conversion, but real-life has interrupted.
And a major Pelinore release almost would be like releasing a brand new setting. It's not as well known. I'd never heard of it it until I read about it on The Piazza a few years ago.

Rifter

First Post
One choice I put down, was Mystara, but by Mystara, I am talking about the Red Steel area. The rest, I could care less about. Eberron, Spelljammer and Planescape would be my higest rated. I'd like to see more Darksun, but that and Mystara are definitely second tier for me.

Remove ads