• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder's Kobolds

Nyaricus

First Post
Tonguez said:
I agree and I would love somebody to do a set of kobolds based on that ugly little rat-dog
Indeed, I'd lot to see a kobold who sticks to the "olde" dogmen style. I prefer the mythological past of monsters, rather then some modern take on them.

cheers,
--N

Felon

First Post
Wik said:
So, following the success of the "new goblins" revealed last week, Pathfinder has shown us their new take on kobolds.
Meh. Success? They took an existing monster and added the same kind of personality anybody could add. It was cute and all, but portraying critters as cartoonish meanies is no big whoop iMO.

Last edited:

taichara

nonexistent one
Supporter
Paizo's kobolds may be based on a damned ugly dog, but somehow they remind me more of Gremlins. (as in the movie.)

Can't wait to see the green one ;)

Priest_Sidran

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
We have yet to see the green kobold!

I also like the multi-colored idea. Very neat.

Green Kobolds only appear when the other colors are very frightened...or of course when they fail at disarming a poisoned trap.

Klaus

First Post
Klaus said:
They're a bit too much on the humanoid side of anatomy (specially the king, with his toned physique), but I like 'em.

I should draw them one of these days.

And here we go again:

pathfinder_kobold.jpg

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Well, at least this one isn't naked, though that may change considering the inter-species bondage being practiced. Kinky!

Seriously though, nicely done Klaus! Though I'm curious about the color of the kobold, since that's becoming a thing with them now.

Squire James

First Post
The "gold kobold" thinks of himself as a little gold dragon, which among other things means he thinks he's Lawful Good. This probably isn't true but he acts enough like it that he's probably separated from the normal tribe either as an outcast or a splinter leader. Because he thinks of himself as a "good guy", he will display most of the stubborn, "lawful stupid" aspects attributed to paladins. Other than that, he's a pretty typical kobold... he probably doesn't know what Lawful Good is and would have trouble accepting the PC's definition of it if presented with it.

In my group, he'd probably end up as just another kobold corpse like all the others, with all that background material meaning nothing at all!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads