• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder's Kobolds

Wik

First Post
Pathfinder's New Kobolds (April 25th)

So, following the success of the "new goblins" revealed last week, Pathfinder has shown us their new take on kobolds. These guys definately aren't all that "cute" (with the exception of Vreggma), and seem to almost have a demonic slant to them.

While I don't like these guys as much as, say, the goblins, there is a certain charm to them. In any case, I might just pick up Crown of the Kobold King, because low-level kobold adventures are always great.

I like. While I agree it's not as immediately evocative as the goblins, it's still really nifty.

But that dog... *shudder* :eek:

Who knew the Crypt-Keeper had a pet? :uhoh:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Vreggma is the kewlest looking of the bunch

Goblins 5/5 Kobolds 3/5 (and I still like Kobolds as reptilian dog-men)

GreatLemur

Explorer
Wik said:
These guys definately aren't all that "cute" (with the exception of Vreggma), and seem to almost have a demonic slant to them.
They do look like they're being played heavily for comedy, though. Which, after that cute-funny-creepy take on goblins, makes me wonder what kind of tone Pathfinder's going to have. I'm getting the impression that humor is going to have a really deliberate place in Paizo's new adventures.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
One of the designers said that was a tiny, tiny taste of the goblins, and while there may be some humor, they are clearly evil and humor is not the general tone.

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
As mentioned above, it should be clearly noted that the sample does over-play their comedic element quite a bit more than the adventure itself does. The kobolds in Crown of the Kobold King are a rather nasty bunch, bent on sacrificing humanoids to regain the lost glory.

If you think they are horrible looking.. wait till you see their mounts. Nothing is more horrifying than a Slurk. Stay tuned.. I think they will probably end up with a blog post all their own.

Jason Bulmahn
GameMastery Brand Manager

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Anyone else notice that apparently kobolds go around naked now? That seems kind of contradictory to the idea of them being trapsmiths (not to mention most previous portrayals).

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Well, obviously the kobold king gets to wear clothes. Maybe he just decreed that his subjects must all go naked, so as to better reflect the glory of his crown (hence the title of the adventure)? :confused:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads