• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder's Kobolds

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
As a quick aside, we have a thread going over at the paizo boards about what to do with the yellow/golden kobold illo we recieved. I would be more than happy to entertain ideas here as well as over there.

Jason Bulmahn
GameMastery Brand Manager

Klaus

First Post
IuztheEvil said:
As a quick aside, we have a thread going over at the paizo boards about what to do with the yellow/golden kobold illo we recieved. I would be more than happy to entertain ideas here as well as over there.

Jason Bulmahn
GameMastery Brand Manager
Judging by the shape of the horns, that's a gold kobold. And something about the anatomy makes me think it's a female, and she's mighty happy. Maybe the leadership that the Kobold King fought so hard to acheive/mantain isn't a boon, but rather a curse, and she managed to trap him (though devious manipulation) into that role. Traps made of words are as effective as those made of iron and rope.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
LoneWolf23 said:
Why do they need to wear clothes if they're trapsmiths?

Carrying around things to build, tweak, repair, and disable traps. Even if it's just for utility (as opposed to modesty or protection, neither of which are inconsiderable), they'd need more clothing than what they're wearing there.

Mostly though, it's just that it's a bit jarring to go from several editions of clothed kobolds to a kobold nudist colony.

mhensley

First Post
Slife said:

I think they based their concept of kobolds on this-

IW4C0045-CROPPED-copy-web.jpg

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I don't think I will ever get used to (or use) draconic kobolds.

IMC, they are little rat-dogmen. . . Like evil toy dogs it is okay to kick, except they kick back. ;)

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
As much as I liked the goblin article, I'm not too impressed with the kobolds. I don't like making them too draconic - I'm like el-remmen, and think of them mostly in their older style.

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
Hey there all,

Funny thing is, I like them as little dog-men as well, and we had quite a discussion here at the office about changing them. In the end, they have the subtype of reptilian though and we decided to stick with that look.

That said, we could not help but model them after the ugliest dog in the world.

Jason Bulmahn
GameMastery Brand Manger

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
mhensley said:
I think they based their concept of kobolds on this-

I agree and I would love somebody to do a set of kobolds based on that ugly little rat-dog (you could keep it reptilian if you wanted to - that just means it lays eggs like a Platypus:))

teitan

Legend
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Damn it, no introducing slurks! I've just started an adventure where the party are trying to outrace a party of kobolds for a McGuffin and I've got the little bastards riding giant weasels (which has always been a difficult mental picture). Either introduce them now or never, you forcing-me-to-retcon people, you!

(Seriously, though, I'm buying this module in June for the purposes of pillaging, if nothing else, although it sounds like it may fit into my campaign more or less perfectly.)

Easy, different tribe of Kobolds...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads