Special Conversion Thread: Lycanthropes and their ilk

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Yes, I was thinking of something that only applies to its Wolf Form.
In that case, it should probably be part of the wolf skin SQ. Maybe put a "see also" under AC?

Attacks: Same as the base creature or dire wolf, depending on which form the loup du noir is using.

Damage: Same as the base creature or dire wolf, depending on which form the loup du noir is in.

Any changes there?

Cleon

Legend
In that case, it should probably be part of the wolf skin SQ. Maybe put a "see also" under AC?

Most monsters don't bother to source the various AC bonuses like that, so I think we can leave out the "see also".

Attacks: Same as the base creature or dire wolf, depending on which form the loup du noir is using.

Damage: Same as the base creature or dire wolf, depending on which form the loup du noir is in.

Any changes there?

The Improved Natural Attack (bite) bonus feat we're giving it will increase the dire wolf bite damage to 2d6.

Cleon

Legend
One more thing before I forget it again.

I've been prepping the batch of Lycanthropes I'm going to upload to the CC this week (probably on Sunday night/Monday morning).

There were a few minor typographical errors to clear up, and I have rephrased the stats a bit here and there so they work in a 3-column format better (a few "damage reduction"s became "DR"s and vice-versa.).

However, there were a couple of notable omissions. The Dire Werewolf and the Weresmilodon do not have descriptions.

Would anyone object if I added the following.

A wolf-headed monstrosity that stands like a man, but it's half again as tall as a human. Ravenous jaws and flesh-ripping claws betray the beast's predatory nature. Its lean, wiry body is coated in grizzled fur.

This giant creature has the head of a great cat, with a pair of huge fangs resembling ivory shortswords jutting down from its upper jaw. It stands erect, twice as tall as a human, with a body that is part-manlike, part-feline. Herculean muscles ripple beneath its pelt of tawny fur, but the creature moves with catlike grace for all its massive size.

What do you think?

freyar

The "see below" you have in the AC line is good.

And I forgot about INA...

Should we work on the special attacks?

freyar

+2 deflection from the skin works.

How about
Curse of Lycanthropy (Su): Any humanoid or giant hit by a loup du noir’s bite attack in animal form must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or contract lycanthropy and become a standard werewolf.
?

Cleon

Legend
+2 deflection from the skin works.

How about
Curse of Lycanthropy (Su): Any humanoid or giant hit by a loup du noir’s bite attack in animal form must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or contract lycanthropy and become a standard werewolf.
?

That's OK, but I'd rather make it a bit easier to read and more explicit by splitting it into two sentences:

Curse of Lycanthropy (Su): Any humanoid or giant hit by a loup du noir's bite attack in animal form must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or contract lycanthropy. The victim becomes a standard werewolf, not a loup du noir.

Remove ads