Converting Monsters from Polyhedron Magazine

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
How about a Delicious special ability -- when they die, anyone within X ft has to make a Will save or start eating them? And perhaps they're poisonous or affect alignment in some way when you eat them?

Cleon

Legend
How about a Delicious special ability -- when they die, anyone within X ft has to make a Will save or start eating them? And perhaps they're poisonous or affect alignment in some way when you eat them?

Fattening - any living creature who eats a chocodaemon grows so obese they move as if their encumbrance was one grade worse than it actually is (e.g. a creature in light armor or carrying a light load moves as a medium encumbered creature. This effect lasts until the subject goes on a strict diet for X days.

;)

freyar

I don't think the cacao/cocoa-daemon is too serious either.

Regarding the org, we wanted to revisit the amazon org also. We had previously

Organization: Solitary, party (10-20 plus 1 leader of 5th-6th level, and 1 emezon cleric, adept or wizard of 2nd-4th level), party (20-50 plus 1-4 leaders of 5th-6th level, 1 captain of 7th-8th level, and 1-4 emezon clerics, adepts or wizards of 2nd-4th level) or clan (30-100 plus 4-8 leaders of 5th-6th level, 1 captain of 7th-8th level, 1 queen of 9th-12th level, 30-100 emezon 1st level warriors, 60-200 noncombatants, 2-5 emezon clerics, adepts or wizards of 2nd-4th level, and 1 emezon cleric or wizard of 4th-8th level).

I think it makes much more sense if there are fewer emezons with class levels, and I also don't think there should be many in the smaller orgs (like party). Mostly emezons should be in clans (or subgroups of the clan sitting around at home).

Cleon

Legend
I don't think the cacao/cocoa-daemon is too serious either.

Regarding the org, we wanted to revisit the amazon org also. We had previously

Organization: Solitary, party (10-20 plus 1 leader of 5th-6th level, and 1 emezon cleric, adept or wizard of 2nd-4th level), party (20-50 plus 1-4 leaders of 5th-6th level, 1 captain of 7th-8th level, and 1-4 emezon clerics, adepts or wizards of 2nd-4th level) or clan (30-100 plus 4-8 leaders of 5th-6th level, 1 captain of 7th-8th level, 1 queen of 9th-12th level, 30-100 emezon 1st level warriors, 60-200 noncombatants, 2-5 emezon clerics, adepts or wizards of 2nd-4th level, and 1 emezon cleric or wizard of 4th-8th level).

I think it makes much more sense if there are fewer emezons with class levels, and I also don't think there should be many in the smaller orgs (like party). Mostly emezons should be in clans (or subgroups of the clan sitting around at home).

If I remember correctly that was a pretty faithful interpretation of the original Monstrous Compendium Amazon, which had male clerics and low-level warriors. Those are probably "normal" male humanoids rather than Emezons, though, which suggests it would be easier to have a separate Organisation for the Emezons to represent an Amazon & Emezon clan.

freyar

How about we make the emezon warriors experts or else regular males and tone down the levels of teh emezon casters?

Cleon

Legend
How about we make the emezon warriors experts or else regular males and tone down the levels of teh emezon casters?

Why don't you write up a draft Organization so we have something to argue extensively over debate in a reasonable fashion. :)

freyar

For the amazon, how about this?

Organization: Solitary, party (10-20 plus 1 leader of 5th-6th level, and 1 emezon cleric, adept or wizard of 1st-2nd level), party (20-50 plus 1-4 leaders of 5th-6th level, 1 captain of 7th-8th level, and 1-4 emezon clerics, adepts or wizards of 1st-2nd level) or clan (30-100 plus 4-8 leaders of 5th-6th level, 1 captain of 7th-8th level, 1 queen of 9th-12th level, 30-100 male 1st level warriors, 60-200 noncombatants, 2-5 emezon clerics, adepts or wizards of 1st-2nd level, and 1 emezon cleric or wizard of 2nd-5th level).

Remove ads