D&D 3E/3.5 Converting monsters from Mayfair Games Role Aids product line

Cleon

Legend
Durh, I can't add somehow.

The working draft looks pretty good. I don't think it needs more immunities, really.

I was thinking of just giving it the Mindless trait with the standard immunity to mind-affecting powers.

Let's have sleep last for 2 minutes.

That's a lot shorter than the original. 4d12 turn duration works out over 4 hours on average.

I'd also prefer the duration to be random or at least partially so.

Hmm...

How about 4d12 rounds of sleep? That averages 2.6 minutes.

With the abrasive sand, I think we can drop the touch attacks.

Agreed.

I'm feeling like not much advancement for these. Maybe 10-12 HD (Medium).

Curious, what makes you fancy that?

Haven't thought much about the Advancement. It doesn't feel right to have these things grow bigger, though a max of 3 HD advancement feels a bit stingy.

How about 10-15 HD (Medium)?

We could add a mention there are rumours of a Large-sized "sandgiant" with additional powers?

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
I don't like making 'em mindless. :erm:

Well I did ask whether we were keeping the original's Int 0 and nobody piped up.

So, how about giving it a low but non-zero Intelligence score, skills and feats and an "immunity to mind-affecting abilities" SQ then?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
The difference between the two is pretty academic, so I'll let you settle it between yourself like gentlebeings.;)
There's nothing gentle about us! :p

You're right, though, it's basically just a flavor difference. I just prefer the animal intelligence vs magical beast intelligence. No biggie, though.

Remove ads