Converting Al-Qadim creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Tactics: Teak serpents hide among high leaves and branches deep in forests. When prey passes underneath, the serpent drops upon its victims, constricting as many as possible and biting any others that remain close by.

Cleon

Legend
Tactics: Teak serpents hide among high leaves and branches deep in forests. When prey passes underneath, the serpent drops upon its victims, constricting as many as possible and biting any others that remain close by.

We could simplify that a bit, and I'd add some alternative ambush venues.

How about:

Teak serpents normally hide in trees and drop upon prey that pass underneath, but may ambush opponents by hiding in undergrowth or water sources. The serpent constricts as many victims as possible and bites at any others that remain within reach.

freyar

That gives them a good use for the swim speed. I like it!

I'm feeling a bit blank on description and background for these.

Cleon

Legend
That gives them a good use for the swim speed. I like it!

Updating the Teak Serpent Working Draft with treasure.

I'm feeling a bit blank on description and background for these.

A vast snake resembling a small crawling teak tree, with craggy gray-brown hide like bark.

Teak serpents are a type of huge constrictor snake that inhabit forests of tropical hardwoods such as teak or ironwood. They look very much like a thick hardwood tree branch, excellent camouflage for when they're waiting patiently beside a jungle path for prey to pass them by. Teak serpents are much feared by locals for their prodigious size and ferocity. These reptiles usually eat large jungle animals, but will attack smaller victims. They have no hesitancy about attacking small groups of humanoids. A teak serpent's favorite meal is a baby elephant.

A teak serpent is typically 30 feet long and weighs around 1200 pounds.

freyar

That looks good to me. Give them that, add CR 8, and drop the ? from the advancement, and I think we're good to go.

freyar

Yup, looks done.

Hmmmm. [MENTION=9849]Echohawk[/MENTION] has Al-Qadim listed as finished, although there may be "generic" critters found in Al-Qadim products we could convert here. You have any ideas?

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
Yup, looks done.

Hmmmm. @Echohawk has Al-Qadim listed as finished, although there may be "generic" critters found in Al-Qadim products we could convert here. You have any ideas?

I fancy converting the Al-Qadim Werehyena, since that doesn't have official 3E stats.

We were talking about doing the Ammut too, if I recall correctly.

Remove ads