• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What's with Paizo Publishing?????

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Folks,

The official newsstand release date for issue #100 is June 10th. If some of you have purchased issue #100 off the newsstand, you've been very lucky, as something technically went "wrong" in order for that issue to appear early.

The web enhancement for issue #100 will appear on or around June 10th.

I realize that lots of people are upset about lots of things related to the magazine, but jumping on our backs the second something _appears_ to have gone wrong is not a particularly good way of getting our attention or our sympathy.

There _is_ a web enhancement coming. It _is_ really neat. Look for it on the 10th.

--Erik

dsfriii

First Post
I believe you are wrong

This is why I would not want to be in the rpg business. Reading these boards, it seems no one hates an rpg company more than its own customers.

I have to disagree. I love the product Paizo produces, by the way I do not care about when the their Internet freebies are posted, Dungeon, Dragon and sometimes, sometimes Poly (man that was hard to say). I am concerned that they are not listening to those of us that love the books and are seeing them go down hill, so much that we are thinking about not buying them.

Heck I have bought a lot of crappy books fro role playing companies. WotC (BovD), WW (Their Exalted Line) even my favorite Company Necromancers. Heck I almost gave up on the company for the Mazes of Zayene (sp?) series. But when I talked to the company, they talked back to me like an equal explained what is going on and said to give them a second chance. So I did.

I get upset, when the company does not talk to me like an equal, and is sarcastic in the public statements.

But this is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Ghoti

First Post
Erik Mona said:
Folks,

The official newsstand release date for issue #100 is June 10th. If some of you have purchased issue #100 off the newsstand, you've been very lucky, as something technically went "wrong" in order for that issue to appear early.

I realize that lots of people are upset about lots of things related to the magazine, but jumping on our backs the second something _appears_ to have gone wrong is not a particularly good way of getting our attention or our sympathy.

There _is_ a web enhancement coming. It _is_ really neat. Look for it on the 10th.

--Erik

All I did was ask. Now I have an answer and I am happy, but as with Enceladus, now I want it now!!!!

Really though, thank you for the answer and for clearing up the confusion.

dsfriii

First Post
I agree with Erik

Erik,

First off I want to say my critism is not with having a free internet bonus product. Heck it is free I can wait for it.

As you know my concern is for the direction a much beloved product is going.

But enough of that I just wanted to say I am not jumping on your or anyones back concerning the internet stuff.

How my the way I did not know that you write Armies of the Abyss. I have to say I am much impressed with your work. I love the product.

Relating this to another thread:

Which would be more effective: a polite letter from a suscriber saying that they intend to cancel their subscription due to a dissatisfaction with customer service (particularly internet support), or a complaint on EN World. Almost all companies have a customer service department, and these departments do actually read letters and e-mails. They will usually note trends, and answer paying customers back. If you don't believe me, try it sometime next time your toaster breaks or someone leaves the pickles on your hamburger at McDonalds. If you write the company, 9 times out of 10 you will hear back, and usually recieve some free stuff (coupons, replacements, etc. If you really want to get some value, try writing a major airline). Companies that don't do these basic things are not long for the business world.

On a different note: thank you for expressing your dissatisfaction with the product. You have informed me about a flaw in the magazine, and I can now make a more informed decision.

Edit: Oops, I took to long to write my post, and missed Erik's response. It appears that you have a very good explanation, and I apologize for not investigating the product further.

Last edited:

andrew

First Post
Erik Mona said:

Thanks Erik, I appreciate the info. But you know what would be really helpful? That this was made clear somewhere in the magazine. One of the first things I did after seeing the Web Enhanced button was to try to check out the enhancement.

No enhancement, no notice of a future enhancement, no indication that the Dungeon section of Paizo.com was even been cared for. I mean, the website's lastest info is on Dungeon 98 and I've got 100 sitting in front of me. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the web enhancements and understand they're just 'extras', but it's exactly these extras that tend to push me one way or the other when my renewal letter comes.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
>>>
I am concerned that they are not listening to those of us that love the books and are seeing them go down hill, so much that we are thinking about not buying them.
>>>

I should think that the numerous pages of vitriol posted here and at the Necromancer boards and the posts by Paizo employees to both of those threads should show that we do know you're complaining, and we are trying to do something about it.

Glad you liked Armies of the Abyss. If was fun to write.

--Erik

Erik Mona

Adventurer
>>>
Thanks Erik, I appreciate the info. But you know what would be really helpful? That this was made clear somewhere in the magazine. One of the first things I did after seeing the Web Enhanced button was to try to check out the enhancement.

No enhancement, no notice of a future enhancement, no indication that the Dungeon section of Paizo.com was even been cared for.
>>>

We weren't aware that non-subscribers had received their issues until we noticed this thread this morning, so it would have been difficult to plan for a future we didn't know would happen.

I'll see if we might be able to post a "coming soon" note on the site, but our web master is also very busy and is also on a schedule, so I don't want to presume that he has the time to take care of it.

--Erik

Thomasson

First Post
andrew said:

No enhancement, no notice of a future enhancement, no indication that the Dungeon section of Paizo.com was even been cared for. I mean, the website's lastest info is on Dungeon 98 and I've got 100 sitting in front of me. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the web enhancements and understand they're just 'extras', but it's exactly these extras that tend to push me one way or the other when my renewal letter comes.

In a perfect world, where the Web enhancements were put together by someone whose job it was to do so, that would be the case. I do the work, though, and if it comes down to getting an announcement that the enhancement is coming and working on the thing itself, I'll opt for the latter.

The fact is, I do these enhancements because I want to. My publisher didn't ask me to do the extra work. I do it because I figure it's what will be best for the magazine and the supported adventures. And it's free.

Don't expect many more of these on a regular basis. Precisely for the reasons I've stated, I can't do them all that often. When I have content I can use for Web support, I'll do it. But we have a magazine to get out and it takes priority.

For future reference, I try to schedule Web enhancement releases for the newsstand release date, as Erik mentioned. It would be nice to get them out earlier, but it's not possible given our demanding schedule.

Remove ads