• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What's with Paizo Publishing?????

Ghoti

First Post
What's the deal with Paizo Publishing and the web enhancement for Dungeon #100?

The issue says that there is a web enhancement at their web site but when you go there the news was last updated on 5/14(about Star Wars). The last news update on the main page about a Dungeon web enhancement is for Issue #98 and is dated 4/16.

When you go to the Dungeon mag page the last news update there is 4/17.

Last edited:

Enceladus

First Post
Sheesh! Relax, it'll get there. The internet may be fast (comparatively speaking) but the webpage is run by humans who are generally lazy and slow. :p

I think this issue has only been out for a few days on the newstand (last Friday?), give them time.

Ghoti

First Post
Enceladus said:
Sheesh! Relax, it'll get there. The internet may be fast (comparatively speaking) but the webpage is run by humans who are generally lazy and slow. :p

I think this issue has only been out for a few days on the newstand (last Friday?), give them time.

Yes I know this, but....

They have not posted anything for over half a month, nothing about Dungeon #99.

Also, while Dungeon #100 has only been on the newstands for less than a week, those who have subscriptions have had it for more than a week, maybe two. You would think that a publisher would support it's subscribition base by having web enhancements up for them asap.

But then I guess this mind set goes with the idea that when an RPG publisher misses a deadline (that they set) everything is ok and they should not be held accountable by the consumer.

Seems in the general population stuff like this would not happen or be tolerated, but we continue to allow the publishers to walk all over us with no consequences.

Jeph

Explorer
Ghoti said:

Seems in the general population stuff like this would not happen or be tolerated, but we continue to allow the publishers to walk all over us with no consequences.

would you rather have a magazine with no web enhancement, or no magazine at all?

Numion

First Post
Jeph said:

would you rather have a magazine with no web enhancement, or no magazine at all?

Whats that supposed to mean? If web enhancement was promised, it should be delivered. No ifs or buts. Not even for gaming companies.

Enceladus

First Post
Ghoti said:

Yes I know this, but....

They have not posted anything for over half a month, nothing about Dungeon #99.

Also, while Dungeon #100 has only been on the newstands for less than a week, those who have subscriptions have had it for more than a week, maybe two. You would think that a publisher would support it's subscribition base by having web enhancements up for them asap.

But then I guess this mind set goes with the idea that when an RPG publisher misses a deadline (that they set) everything is ok and they should not be held accountable by the consumer.

That all makes perfect sense but, these web enhancements are free, bandwidth isn't nor is the licensing involved with the program used to create them, so really they don't have to do them at all. If they say there's going to be one, great. But they can take all the time they need.

kreynolds

First Post
Ghoti said:
...but we continue to allow the publishers to walk all over us with no consequences.

I don't. The quality and value of Dragon/Dungeon (though Dungeon didn't used to be so bad) is about as reliable as a burlap condom, so I don't buy the mag until I get a chance to look at it. I can actually count on one hand how many issues I've purchased over the last year, and I can even do it while holding a cigarette. I suspect that one of the biggest problems with Dragon is lack of articles. Perhaps they just don't get near as many submissions as they once did? Or perhaps they still get a lot, but most of them suck? I don't know.

I don't mind buying the mags, if they don't suck that month, but there's no way I'd pay for a subscription. That's like paying $40 for one of those "Make Money At Home Taking Online Surveys!" gigs. It wasn't always this way though. I'm hoping it will turn back around.

To Paizo: "What would get my money" More support for the books! I.E., don't release an article about a new book once and then drop it forever. Come back to it every now and again. For example, the dragon magic article. Expand on that. If you get another submission about monster magic or monster spells, and it doesn't suck, and it's about a different monster/monsters, and you have space, put it in! Examples: Troll Magic, High Ogre Mage Magic, Demon Magic (possible mature content right there! :D), etc. When you've got a good idea, roll with it. Don't drop it.

Last edited:

Enceladus

First Post
I don't mind buying the mags, if they don't suck that month, but there's no way I'd pay for a subscription.

This is why I don't have a subscription either. Issue #99 did not make it into my collection for that very reason. :)

kreynolds

First Post
Numion said:
If web enhancement was promised, it should be delivered. No ifs or buts. Not even for gaming companies.

Exactly. Saying you will deliver then going back on that only shows that you are unreliable, at best. That's why I rarely ever promise anything. :)

Tidus4444

First Post
I agree on the price. If it was a standard 20 dollar magazine it would be a no-brainer. But now I have to sit back an dthink if dragon is gonna be better than renewing my subscrition to Shonen Jump and EGM.

Remove ads