• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What's with Paizo Publishing?????

kreynolds

First Post
alsih2o said:
by this logic do you assume that someone who is late for work once should be fired?

Flawed logic. The original poster did not "fire" Paizo. He merely complained, and if you're late even once, that certainly is grounds for complaint.

kreynolds

First Post
jasamcarl said:
Uh, did they make a specific promise as to when they would release the web enhancement?

No, but they don't have to.

jasamcarl said:
It seems some are mistaking an obligation they would prefer with what the company is actually responsible for.

As a product that consumers pay for, they should try to live up to their word. If they fail to do that, then consumers have a right to complain. It would be like aspirin making their pills out of pure sugar and not actually relieving pain in any way, even though they say its a pain reliever. They say one thing but then don't live up to what they say. Ticks people off. Simple as that.

coyote6

Adventurer
FWIW, I haven't gotten my copy of Dungeon #100 yet. Therefore, the web enhancement isn't late.

It's all about me, you see.

Ghoti

First Post
coyote6 said:
FWIW, I haven't gotten my copy of Dungeon #100 yet. Therefore, the web enhancement isn't late.

It's all about me, you see.

Best answer to my question that I have seen yet!

Numion

First Post
alsih2o said:

by this logic do you assume that someone who is late for work once should be fired?

No, but I'd expect supervisors to give the man a notice.

how about someone late for a date?

Again, I'd say it would be ok to perhaps ask what the delay was.

these things do happen, even in the best organizations and with the most well meaning people.

I know and accept that. You just need to realize that it is ok to voice opinions over these matters, if its done civilly, like the starter of this thread did.

In effect, you not at all cared to realize my "logic" and made the wrong conclusions on it. Better luck next time.

kilamanjaro

First Post
All of the web enhancements that have been released so far have been posted the week the magazine hits the newstand. As of Friday I haven't seen the magazine on a shelf anywhere so I think they're on their normal schedule. I'd love it if the web enhancements came out sooner, to coincide with subscribers getting their mags, but to complain about free stuff not being delivered as promptly as I'd like seems petty. After all, the easiest way for Paizo to resolve this issue wouldn't be to post the enhancements sooner, it would be to stop posting them at all.

Ghoti

First Post
kilamanjaro said:
All of the web enhancements that have been released so far have been posted the week the magazine hits the newstand. As of Friday I haven't seen the magazine on a shelf anywhere so I think they're on their normal schedule. I'd love it if the web enhancements came out sooner, to coincide with subscribers getting their mags, but to complain about free stuff not being delivered as promptly as I'd like seems petty. After all, the easiest way for Paizo to resolve this issue wouldn't be to post the enhancements sooner, it would be to stop posting them at all.

Kilamanjaro,
If it is true that all web enhancements have been posted the week the mag hit the newstand then they are late this time around as I bought my copy at the newstand on Friday morning, so I was there at least as early as Thursday..

But I believe that it went on the newstand, where I purchased it, on Wednesday as this is when the store I bought it at gets it's delivery of new product.

Painfully

First Post
How about they not print that they have web enhancements at all, and let people find out accidently instead.

Then it's all bonus goodies for people who visit Paizo's website...or for the people who went there to complain.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Numion said:

No, but I'd expect supervisors to give the man a notice.

And Paizo has certainly been put on notice by people on this and other on-line forums.

I'm "firing" them when my subscription ends and isn't renewed.

Remove ads