• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tyranny of Dragons

X_Mythic

First Post
Does anyone plan on DMing this one, cause if so I would like to be in on that.

If No one wants to DM, I will recruit 5 players after the Player handbook comes out.

-Thanks

Li Shenron

Legend
Does anyone plan on DMing this one, cause if so I would like to be in on that.

If No one wants to DM, I will recruit 5 players after the Player handbook comes out.

-Thanks

Not planning to DM this, but I would be interested in being a player in this storyline.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
I've been playing in a couple of play by post games and would love to give DMing one a try, but there would be some large caveats:

• While I am happy to purchase the adventure, I don't really want to commit to the large cost of the core rulebooks as well for an online game that may fizzle out or not even get off the ground, as I would get zero use from them otherwise. I have had no luck getting a regular D&D game together offline.

• Hence we would be using Basic rules only (I'm led to believe you can in fact run HotDQ just with Basic and the .pdf monster/magic item list).

• My knowledge of Forgotten Realms is based entirely on the Baldur's Gate games and an old 3rd ed campaign guide, so I know nothing of the the 4th ed changes (i.e. post-Spellplague); so I would want to tweak the setting to this era (may have PC repercussions e.g. no Dragonborn, Warlocks etc. - although none of this is in Basic anyway)

• Although I have been a dungeon master before, I've never run a play by post game :)

I think what I'm trying to say is - yes, I'd be interested in DMing this, but there is probably a much better person out there to do it. But if you're desperate...

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
IMO, not a problem. My only question is would you be okay if I used MY PHB to make my character?

I'd be perfectly ok with that provided it's a pre-4th ed class/race, and of course you would have to provide a fairly detailed character sheet for me (also Druid/Bard spells, for example)..

X_Mythic

First Post
I'd be perfectly ok with that provided it's a pre-4th ed class/race, and of course you would have to provide a fairly detailed character sheet for me (also Druid/Bard spells, for example)..
I was thinking High Rlf fighter, so only one cantrip that i get from my race and the rest is strait forward.

mips42

Adventurer
I would be interested in playing. I'm currently playing a cleric in another game so I'd rather not play one here just to get a different experience but I'm willing to play whatever class is needed.
If we're going Basic, maybe a wood elf rogue or possibly a dwarven mage. Something unusual.

X_Mythic

First Post
I would be interested in playing. I'm currently playing a cleric in another game so I'd rather not play one here just to get a different experience but I'm willing to play whatever class is needed.
If we're going Basic, maybe a wood elf rogue or possibly a dwarven mage. Something unusual.

My IRL group decided to run this one, in which i am playing a Human Paladin, so I could play any other class besides that so i could go cleric so we had a healer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads