• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aglaranna

First Post
Greetings, folks!

I'm new; don't insult me. Nice place you've got here; I'm going to order a pizza and stuff...*plops down onto a nearby sofa and then screams and jumps back up again* AGH! Wtf have you got this...THING doing in here?! I mean, I swear I've seen worse sofas, but that thing's *alive*. Okay, where's the wizard and can I kill him for experimenting on innocent sofas?!
*wink* If I haven't scared yall off yet, do you want pepporoni or sausage on that pizza?

Aglaranna

First Post
*grins* Kvetha fricai, then, O Benevolent Bard, Starter of this Thread. Are we allowed to blow things up here, or should I get a life?

Aglaranna

First Post
Aglaranna said:
I'm new; don't insult me. Nice place you've got here; I'm going to order a pizza and stuff...*plops down onto a nearby sofa and then screams and jumps back up again* AGH! Wtf have you got this...THING doing in here?! I mean, I swear I've seen worse sofas, but that thing's *alive*. Okay, where's the wizard and can I kill him for experimenting on innocent sofas?!
*wink* If I haven't scared yall off yet, do you want pepporoni or sausage on that pizza?
Hmm...you know, I'm not sure what the zark I'm doing...I'm confused. Ah, well. Took me hours to get the feel of Yahoo Message Boards, and months to know the ropes. I've got the patience angle nailed, but am two miracles short of sainthood, lol.

Aglaranna

First Post
Angcuru said:
Anyone can post, but you have to make a certain donation to be able to do searches.

Hmm...wish I knew what I was doing...don't say anything uncomplimentary to me here, but I'm really in the dark...D'Arvit! Ouch! Subbed my toe...

Straat

First Post
New to the Board!!!

Just saying hello to all. I was just surfing the net getting some DM tools and happened upon this site. I thought I'd give it a look see.

gurpsgm

Explorer
Greetings...

Hello all...

I just discovered this site due to a weird surfing error...
and boy an I glad! :)

I've been playing games for well over 40 years, starting with things like Squad Leader and Panzer Blitz (I've still got my original 1st edition slipcase bookshelf edition of Panzer Blitz).

I started D&D with Chainmail and kept on slogging thru the "Little Brown Books" and into "Advanced" Dungeons & Dragons - thru 1st edition, 2nd edition, 3rd edition and now 3.5.

I'm a long standing Judges Guild Guildmember and player, and have all of my old 1st edition Judges Guild modules for AD&D and also the Necromancer Games new editions.

I discovered GURPS with Steve Jackson's Man-To-Man, and never looked back. I have a very comprehensive library of GURPS worldbooks and sourcebooks - in fict, I'm the only one locally I know that uses GURPS as a game system and not as campaign material - although I've taken a few ideas from GURPS and stuffed them into my current campaign.

There are very few systems I haven't heard of unless they're really esoteric. Most of them I've either played in or run as a gamemaster. My favorites are GURPS (of course :), D&D & D20 fantasy, In Nomine, Immortal, BESM, Stargate, and old school Vampire the Masquerade LARPs. I'm not into the new versions of White Wolf's system at all. :p

I love Star Trek, Babylon Five, and Forever Knight. I watch Stargate when possible, and I'm just getting into Anime.

I live in the center of the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, and go to as many conventions in the Virginia area as my wallet can stand. :) I have a wife and daughter, and the requisite house cat.

I've got two new campaigns getting ready to start - one in Harrisonburg, VA and one in Staunton, VA. If interested, feel free to respond to this post.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Welcome, GurpsGM. I myself have used GURPS for many campaigns, including for Traveller, Star Wars and several Time Travel campaigns.

I am curious to know what you dislike about the NWoD, because I am contemplating its purchase.

I have the same interests in television, with Stargate being my favorite of all. I miss Forever Knight, was my favorite when it was still aired.

When you have the time check out my Gathered Goodies thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads