Supreme Cleave

Lord Ben

First Post
How does supreme cleave work? Does it just allow you to take a 5' step between cleaves? Or can you take a 5' step when you normally couldn't.

move 15' and attack, 5' then cleave, and use spring attack to move 20' more. Is this legal? Or can you only use it if you are still capable of using a normal 5' step.

kreynolds

First Post
Lord Ben said:
How does supreme cleave work? Does it just allow you to take a 5' step between cleaves?

Between cleaves, and only if you haven't already taken a 5-foot step that round. You can only do this once.

Crothian

First Post
kreynolds said:

Yeah, what's the Daisho technique? Is it just a fighting style? Rokugan isn't the same thing as OA, is it? I've got the OA book but I don't keep up with the other oriental themed products.

Rokugan is to OA as Greyhawk is to PHB.

Daisho Technique allows you to weld a Katana in one hand, and fight with the Katana and the Wakizashi as if you had both Ambidexterity and Two weapon fighting.

Vecna

First Post
Supreme Cleave [epic]
Prerequisites: Cleave, Great Cleave, DEX 25+

You can move 5' between cleaves...

You cannot take this feat more than once.

This should be a quite balanced epic feat...

Crothian

First Post
Vecna said:
Supreme Cleave [epic]
Prerequisites: Cleave, Great Cleave, DEX 25+

You can move 5' between cleaves...

You cannot take this feat more than once.

This should be a quite balanced epic feat...

I'd also require it have Power Attack and BAB 16+

According to Masers of the Wild pg. 60 you only get one 5' move a round. So if you move 5' to get into a position to cleave, you get no more 5' moves, since you only get one 5' move per round.

Am I understanding that correctly?

ConcreteBuddha

First Post
Bill Muench said:
It is actually already a feat in d20 Rokugan.

kreynolds---
That's...jacked...up! Anybody have more information on this?

Just my thoughts...

The problem with allowing Heart of the Dragon (Supreme Cleave) to move from Rokugan to normal DnD is because Rokugan is a low-magic setting. PCs and NPCs in Rokugan do not use the normal treasure table from the DMG. They should never have the hum-drum attitude towards magic that typical adventurers have.

Since this is the case, the only way to give PCs in Rokugan a "carrot on a stick" is to have insanely neat feats to learn from their clan schools. Even then, these feats are strictly limited to an individual clan, (or to the PCs who manage to wrangle the Different School feat from their DM.)

In order to move this feat to "normal" DnD, one would have to beef up the requirements to epic proportions, to make up for the general abundance of magic items.

kreynolds

First Post
Corwin the Confused said:
According to Masers of the Wild pg. 60 you only get one 5' move a round. So if you move 5' to get into a position to cleave, you get no more 5' moves, since you only get one 5' move per round.

Am I understanding that correctly?

Yup.

hong

WotC's bitch
ConcreteBuddha said:

The problem with allowing Heart of the Dragon (Supreme Cleave) to move from Rokugan to normal DnD is because Rokugan is a low-magic setting. PCs and NPCs in Rokugan do not use the normal treasure table from the DMG. They should never have the hum-drum attitude towards magic that typical adventurers have.

Not _entirely_ true. It's the case that magic items are treated a bit more reverently in Rokugan than in normal D&D, but that doesn't mean that the actual _incidence_ of magic items must be any less. In fact, Magic of Rokugan outlines a very elegant way of ensuring players get to have the toys they're accustomed to, while still maintaining the feel of mystique.

S

shurai

If anyone is interested:

'Daisho' is a nickname for a samurai's set of swords, his katana and his wakizashi. These weapons were also called daito and shoto respectively, as a more generic way of referring to them.

'Dai' Means 'great' as in 'Daikyu', 'Great bow' or 'Daito', 'Greatsword' or 'Longsword'

'Sho' means 'small' as in 'shoto', 'shortsword'.

'to' means many things in Japanese, but one of them is 'sword'.

-Shurai

PS- While I'm on the subject, the word is 'ee-ai-ju-tsu'. It rhymes with that famous tune, Old McDonald Had a Farm (ee-eye-ee-eye-oh). It's not 'eejutsu' or 'ee-a-jutsu' either.

Last edited:

Remove ads