• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Soooo when the gaming gets slow you should....

Graf

Explorer
....join more games?

In the last three days I've made two IC posts (that weren't games I'm running).
In the last week I've probably made a few more.
(I'm in... 6 or so games)

I haven't been as on top of the games that I am running, so I suppose I should just focus on that.... but I have to wonder if it's just some sort of perfect storm situation (ata, rc and sr are all having computer trouble, the "hanging server situation", summer vacations, etc) or if it's something else.

I don't mind it being a bit quiet, with L4W sucking up time like it is but I'm wondering if this is normal, or not?

garyh

First Post
I'm only recently back into PbPing with 4e, but back in 2003-2004 when I was in way too many games, it was because there would often be slowdowns and I'd join more games to keep busy. Then all the games would start moving and I'd be swamped. It's really easy over-extend yourself. I'm doing my best not to fall into that again (in fact, I just backed out of a recruiting game because activity on L4E is ramping up).

Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
I'm also in a bunch of games, mostly because some of them are moving very slowly or just not at all. But I do have a lot of time on my hands, so I doubt I'd reach a point where I'd get too swamped, though the major problem is that I can't access ENworld half the time.

s@squ@tch

First Post
I'm chalking up to the slowdown recently on two things:

1) Summer vacations
2) ENWorld's access issues, that have made some posters so frustrated that they are on hiatus.

The games that I'm in and the ones that I run have slowed down considerably this summer, and I hope that they speed back up once the beautiful weather outside comes to an end.

Drowned Hero

First Post
....join more games?

No, you will get swamped and be the reason for slow games ;)

I don't mind it being a bit quiet, with L4W sucking up time like it is but I'm wondering if this is normal, or not?

I would say its normal that games slow down and retake speed as the summer is over and people return to school/work/home etc.

Ive seen LOADS of games wanting 1 post per day, and NONE of such games has livd up to the speed.

I would recommend you to make bigger and better post. Take your 2 favorite games and make longer consistent post with description of thoughts and feelings. Write down what your character is doing with his/hers hands or find some nice looking picture to accompany the action of the game.

In on of the games im in here @ EnWorld and at another board i make lots of background history or files whit ideas and thought of character that i might never have the opportunity to use, but the occasions that i do get to use them feels like good contributions to the game and a big achievements for myself.

-DH

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Summer lull, European August vacations, and students returning to classes account for a lot of the slow down about now. Expect it to pick up come Sept.

s@squ@tch

First Post
No, you will get swamped and be the reason for slow games ;)

I would say its normal that games slow down and retake speed as the summer is over and people return to school/work/home etc.

Ive seen LOADS of games wanting 1 post per day, and NONE of such games has livd up to the speed.

I would recommend you to make bigger and better post. Take your 2 favorite games and make longer consistent post with description of thoughts and feelings. Write down what your character is doing with his/hers hands or find some nice looking picture to accompany the action of the game.

In on of the games im in here @ EnWorld and at another board i make lots of background history or files whit ideas and thought of character that i might never have the opportunity to use, but the occasions that i do get to use them feels like good contributions to the game and a big achievements for myself.

-DH

THIS! THIS! THIS!

I want you in my game! :)

Graf

Explorer
thanks for the responses helps me put things in perspective.

Drowned,
I appreciate you suggestion. I did more of that earlier than I do now.
I put a lot of thought into some weird stuff for s@s' game about wills foe the party... Went over like a lead balloon.

I'm not sure than EnWorld as a group is interested in that level of rp...

Drowned Hero

First Post
I'm not sure than EnWorld as a group is interested in that level of rp...

I believe there is, but it takes looooong time to play even a chapter of a adventure. I tend to play enjoying the ride and not be obsess with the big monster at the end of the dungeon.

In the CoC Job is conducting here at Enworld and where i got 2 players we used about 3 years from chapter 1 to 4, and i believe theres 10 chapters :confused: But theres some quality posting in that game.

And it is my favorite Role game ive ever been part of.

-DH

Atanatotatos

First Post
Heh. September has come and the situation has not improved much. Partially it was my fault (computer problems graf mentioned) but two of the games in my signature have come to a stop and the others are progressing very slowly. Luckily Graf's game restarted these days as it's a great game. But even in a great game like that, some players are still missing...
I'm new to pbp so maybe this is normal but...

Remove ads