• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So how much does WotC get out of you per year?

How much Wizards stuff do you buy?

masshysteria

Explorer
On the Decline

My WotC spending is on the decline.

I have enough D&D material to be happy and if I need more I can usually borrow a book from a friend to get whatever I need. There really isn't anything out there than interests me enough to pay for it.

I used to buy a bunch of the d20 Star Wars books, but that is on its third reboot. I'll pick up the third core rule book this summer. If I like it and it doesn't work well with my current stack of books, I may just sell off my old books and keep the latest version. Star Wars usually only gets pulled out for one-shots or short campaigns, so I'd be fine with one good book.

My gaming money now is more likely to be spend on aids or third party products. I'm currently looking at True20, Spycraft, and Skull and Bones as possible next purchases, but even those won't be bought if I'm not nearly guaranteed to be playing them.

I guess I'm currently at critical mass and can play most anything I want with what I currently have on my shelves. So, unless something comes along that really makes my life easier or significantly adds to the gaming experience, I'm not liable to spend more money.

Not much anymore. I make my own adventures and I pretty much use Core Rules only, so I haven't bought anything from WOTC for a while. I did buy some D20 Modern stuff as I'm gearingup to run that, but I bought most of it from Half Price Books, so WOTC didn't see any of that money anyway. I'm pretty much done buying WOTC material until 4th edition comes out.

I normally get about a case of minis each time a set comes out ($100 on the secondary market), or roughly the amount in singles if the set stinks as a whole. I buy probably 10 books a year, but get them cheap at about 12 bucks each on ebay. Prolly right around 500 or so.

Gothmog

First Post
Under $100 to WotC for me. I'll buy a couple of books a year that grab my interest, but most of them have no appeal for me, and the D&D minis look like crap compared to metal, so I don't bother.

Non-WotC stuff? Probably close to $3000 a year. Between Reaper minis, WHFRP2, Savage Worlds, Ars Magica and Warmachine there is a lot of great stuff coming out that me and my group loves. I also buy stuff to make terrain for gaming I figure into that budget.

Ysgarran

It really depends on what time frame you are talking about. I was spending at least 120$ a month on WotC Products from the introduction of 3.0 until November 2004. Much more if you count the WotC D&D miniature purchases. Since Nov 2004 the amount of money I've spent per month has steadily declined until Nov 2006 where it reached zero. Since Nov 2006 I've not spent one penny on a WotC product, any D20 product or any RPG for that matter.

While I can't say I won't every buy a d20 product again I don't see any change in the near future. If I was 100% sure that I would not make any more d20 purchases I would stop visiting these boards.

Ysgarran.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads