Slaves of the Dragon (orsal judging)

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus Elf Cleric 1

"Yes, a circle is as natural of a pattern as any other."

Planus keeps glancing in the direction of Grenton, ready to be off.

Knight Otu

First Post
"Well, then, it is late, why don't you stay for the night again?"

The night is as uneventful as the previous one, and in the morning, you leave as the people of Felden go for their work.

The travel is just as uneventful, up until you are just one day away from Grenton:
Quarion, Planus, Thanyvan, Jack:
[sblock]Some distance ahead, off the road in the bushes, you can see a number of small, scaly humanoids - kobolds. It seems they are searching the area. You are not certain if they have seen you yet.[/sblock]

Veras-Re:
[sblock]A familiar sensation tells you that your psicrystal has spotted something you missed - and it immediately relays the information to you over the telepathic link. It has spotted a number of kobolds ahead, off the road.[/sblock]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"There are kobolds about" Veras-Re whispered to his party members. He readied his walking stick for combat and queried his mind-friend for the direction of the kobolds. He relayed Liberitas' telepathic answer to his comrades.

If combat comes:

[sblock]If they are too far for a charge (or if a charge is not possible), he will move forward and send a surge of psychic power (Mind Thrust, Range 25 feet, 1d10, Will DC 13 neg) into the brains of the farthest kobold he can reach (not the foremost, if he can help it).

[/sblock]

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Farid's eyes light up, "Oh, finally... I don't see them, though. Wait, should we avoid the kobolds so as not to risk the town being alerted?"

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus Elf Cleric 1

"I see them. There are several right up there milling about," says Planus. "Lets get off the road."

Planus carefully guides his horse off the road, keeping an eye on the kobolds.

"We should destroy these vermin, but must make sure that none escape to warn the dragon. We'll have to destroy them sooner or later."

If we decide to fight and have time to prepare,
[SBLOCK] Planus says in preparation: "Mongrel make me swift now." Planus casts longstrider and dismounts, ties his horse to a tree and prepares his longbow as quickly as possible.
[/SBLOCK]

OOC: How many kobolds has Planus seen? Also, from now on Planus will ride with his longbow drawn.

Last edited:

jayaint

First Post
I feel as though I could cause the plants to overgrow around them from here... and we could just proceed with our trip. Or if we want to take them out, I could just get them all tangled up so it might be easier.

Thanyvan pops off the horse and gleefully bounces from tiny foot to tiny foot waiting for the group to figure out how to approach.

fuzzy

First Post
Rika, Elf Fighter 1 10/10 hp

"Lets deal with these now, while we still have surprise going for us."
Rika leads her horse to the side of the road and ties the reins to a tree.

If combat begins:
[SBLOCK] Rika draws her rapier and moves so she is 10 feet away from the nearest kobold.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
(ooc: are we all still traveling as a group? if so, we have to smite them now, so that the smaller group won't be killed in the village)

Katherine says quietly to Thanyavan "I think that would be wise, we can't let any of them escape. And a couple alive could be very useful."

Unless there is a compelling reason given not to attack the kobalds, Katherine begins to speak, quietly at first, then raising her voice to still be heard by all once battle is joined. "These minions sent by one who would enslave an entire people will not be allowed to report our alliance, nor will they ever again bully the innocent townsfolk they watch over, for today they face not victims but heroes, and we will repay them for every cruel and petty action they have ever taken on those weaker than themselves...." (ooc: perform oratory to begin an inspire courage performance, +1 to attack and damage for all allies, begining the same round as she starts the performance.)

jayaint

First Post
[[Assuming this is the idea, and that we are engaging them: Cast Entangle on the group of Kobolds to catch as many as possible within the area effect.]]

Thanyvan calls out to Phyrah with his mind and asks for her blessing. His hands twitch and he speaks in a rough, wooded tone. He looks down the path to see (hopefully) the plant life on either side of the path spring up and engulf the kobolds.

Remove ads