• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruitment for WoT: "Hunt for the Horn"

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
Ok boys and girls, since my mates here in Green Bay don't seem to want to play this game I'm going to start one here. Looking for Four (4) players to play in a Wheel of Time game. There will be a regular update every Monday, Wednesday, Friday...I want people who can keep up that schedule. Seem to work over in my other game...should work here.

The setting for this game will start in Tar Valon a few weeks after the end of the Aeil War, and the subject line should key you all in on what the adventure is about, so keep that in mind for potential characters...so no Aeil, unless you want to get attacked by every millitia for every town you enter, no sea folk...no Black Tower means no Male Initiates...but I am alowing male wilders, no Seanchan. CHaracters will start 4th level. The story I am telling here involves (at least to start) an Aes Sedai and her Warder as NPCs, so plan your characters accordingly. I'd prefer a diversified group, it would probably help the small group if there weren't two of anything.

First 4 players to post are in the game. If you are not sure if you want to play or not...Don't post, please.

If I think of anything else I add it later.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
I'd like to play, but I don't have the WoT Gamebook. I could pick it up, of course.
I'm happy playing 'humans', so with a bit of background, I could play any sort ( without needing to be something WoT specific).

I'd love to play some sort of Rogue/Fast-Talk man.
Perhaps a liason for your Aes Sedai (hope I spelled that correctly)NPC.

-Ron

BTW: The sessions, are they post based, or chat based...? I work on Fridays,( but I'm in San Francisco and I'm the floor manager of a Nightclub, so it's a Late night thing for me).
I could post before 7PM my time (It's 3:28 am now)
aren't a problem. We also have comps at work, so I can post sporadically from there as well. Otherwise, I'm a very regular message-checker/poster.

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
Uriel_fire_of_Heaven said:
I'd like to play, but I don't have the WoT Gamebook. I could pick it up, of course.
I'm happy playing 'humans', so with a bit of background, I could play any sort ( without needing to be something WoT specific).

I'd love to play some sort of Rogue/Fast-Talk man.
Perhaps a liason for your Aes Sedai (hope I spelled that correctly)NPC.

-Ron

BTW: The sessions, are they post based, or chat based...? I work on Fridays,( but I'm in San Francisco and I'm the floor manager of a Nightclub, so it's a Late night thing for me).
I could post before 7PM my time (It's 3:28 am now)
aren't a problem. We also have comps at work, so I can post sporadically from there as well. Otherwise, I'm a very regular message-checker/poster.

This is play by post, like my other game. As far at time goes, I work third shift (tonite I have off) and its 5:30am for me. Though I will usually post around 5-6pm on M-W-F.

I'd preferr players have the book and know the rules even though I'll be doing all the rolling. Its best if everyone speaks the same language...so to speak. If you're willing to do that, then welcome aboard! As this game is set 20 or so years before the books you don't need to have read them, though it would help knowing the game world and the game if you did.

There are nine 'human' backgrounds to choose from, not counting the ones I've banned above. If you want I could make the character up for you, but I'd rather not do that. I contemplated starting with four pre-generated characters, but I ruled that out. If I wanted to play I'd want to make my own.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
I read the first 2 books, and I plan to catch up some day soon.
I'll order the WoT book tomorrow
So, I should have the book by Thursday at the latest, and I'll have a character done soon thereafter if that's ok>
BTW, I read your 'Merchants on the Road' adventure, and I really like your post/GMing style. What program/chart/whever doyou use for the Maps? I want to run several games via this very cool site and I'd love to use something similar for placement during combat.
I might run some FR adventures, but most will probably be set in my own Campaign World.
-Ron

Paragon Badger

First Post
I'd be interested in playing. I'll post a character concept when I get home to my WoT book tonight. I'm just starting to read Winter's Heart (though a friend already spoiled the ending :rolleyes: ).

garyh

First Post
I'm absolutely in!!

I've read all the novels, and have just been waiting for someone to offer a WoT game. :D

I'm going to ponder character concepts, and post something this evening.

BTW - I will update on schedule. Just take a look at my sig to see how much time I spend in the In Character forum. :D

garyh

First Post
A couple questions, Todd:

1 - What are the rest of the character creation guidelines? You've mentioned backgrounds, but how about starting level, stats, and starting wealth?

2 - What Ajah is the Aes Sedai? Since you mention a warder, I doubt Red, but that could influence peoples' willingness to play male wilders. ;)

3 - I'm still pondering ideas, but would an Ogier work for you? Quick explanation as to why he's adventuring would be he's in Tar Valon to repair damage to the city, hears the call for Hunters, and adventure ensues. :)

Also, I just realized that I first expressed interest in this back when you mentioned it on your Merchant's Road OOC thread. Funny!

Thanks!

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
garyh said:
A couple questions, Todd:

1 - What are the rest of the character creation guidelines? You've mentioned backgrounds, but how about starting level, stats, and starting wealth?

2 - What Ajah is the Aes Sedai? Since you mention a warder, I doubt Red, but that could influence peoples' willingness to play male wilders. ;)

3 - I'm still pondering ideas, but would an Ogier work for you? Quick explanation as to why he's adventuring would be he's in Tar Valon to repair damage to the city, hears the call for Hunters, and adventure ensues. :)

Also, I just realized that I first expressed interest in this back when you mentioned it on your Merchant's Road OOC thread. Funny!

Thanks!

1 Start at 4th level, stats generated with the "standard array": 15,14,13,12,10,8 then the +1 to any one for 4th level. Starting wealth...hmmm...how about max starting?

2. Maeren is a Green.

3. Ogier are just fine.

Last edited:

Remove ads