• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Advantage

Rauol_Duke

First Post
As an added incentive for subscribers, Paizo has announced the Pathfinder Advantage

Vic Wertz on paizo.com said:
We’ve been thrilled with the response and support our Pathfinder Adventure Path series has been receiving since its launch in August 2007—subscriptions and sales have been even better than we had hoped! To celebrate this success, we’ve decided to return the love with a new benefit for Pathfinder subscribers.

Beginning March 10, 2008, Pathfinder subscribers will receive the Pathfinder Advantage: 15% off of suggested retail price of all products on paizo.com (with the exception of non-Paizo PDFs). This 15% discount even applies to our GameMastery Modules and Pathfinder Chronicles subscriptions, which aren't normally discounted! (If you already subscribe to these products, you need do nothing—appropriate discounts will be applied automatically.) With the Pathfinder Advantage, you can save on over 20,000 gaming products in the paizo.com store.

Subscribers also continue to enjoy the other subscriber benefits, including a 30% discount off Pathfinder's cover price and a FREE PDF of each Pathfinder volume in your subscription.

Special Notes:
• The Pathfinder Advantage does not stack with other subscription or sale discounts. This means that if a product is already on sale for 10% off of suggested retail, you'll get an extra 5% off. (Of course, if a product is already on sale for 50% off, you'll still get 50% off.)
• To qualify for the Pathfinder Advantage, the most recent volume of Pathfinder must have been shipped to you, or must be waiting to ship with your other subscription products.
• The Pathfinder Advantage discount will automatically be applied to all new paizo.com orders as long as you remain an active subscriber.

The Pathfinder Advantage is only available to customers with ongoing subscriptions. Just having transitioned issues of Dragon and Dungeon doesn't qualify—you must sign up for an ongoing Pathfinder subscription at paizo.com to get the Pathfinder Advantage. (Of course, you won't be charged for new volumes of Pathfinder until your transition volumes run out.)

Now you can have your Pathfinder and save money on everything else you buy! If you’ve never subscribed, try it and see why Pathfinder has become the hottest RPG product on the market, and save big on your paizo.com purchases!

Thanks for your continuing support—and enjoy the discounted loot!

SavageRobby

First Post
Nice. I bought Rise of the Runelords from an online seller, but recently signed up for both a Pathfinder subscription and a Pathfinder Chronicles subscription. Looks like it was good timing. :)

Rauol_Duke

First Post
Or maybe... just maybe, they want to give something back to their subscribers like Vic said in the first few lines of the announcement.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Rauol_Duke said:
Or maybe... just maybe, they want to give something back to their subscribers like Vic said in the first few lines of the announcement.
Maybe. I am obviously skeptical, though. They could "give back" in other, cheaper ways, though.

Rauol_Duke

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Maybe. I am obviously skeptical, though. They could "give back" in other, cheaper ways, though.

Cheaper ways to who?

This is, IMO, a win/win, as it saves me money on, not only things I'm already buying (GameMastery Modules and Pathfinder Chronicles) and may buy in the future (mini's etc.), but also makes Paizo money by giving them more business so they can produce mo' betta stuff.

So, yeah, it's cheaper for me now, and better for Paizo down the road.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Rauol_Duke said:
... but also makes Paizo money by giving them more business so they can produce mo' betta stuff.

So, yeah, it's cheaper for me now, and better for Paizo down the road.
Precisely. One may speculate that, before this offer, Paizo's expected future wasn't as good as they hoped it'd be, so they did something so they'd be better off down the road.

Rauol_Duke

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Precisely. One may speculate that, before this offer, Paizo's expected future wasn't as good as they hoped it'd be, so they did something so they'd be better off down the road.

If one did propose that, then it would be pure speculation, because Vic's announcement and also posts on paizo's boards by other staff, seem to contradict that, as they have indicated that Pathfinder was more much more successful that they had hoped for.

Rauol_Duke said:

I'd guessing it is more along Jdvn1's line of thinking than them just wanting to "give something back". Not that I'm angry at them for it or anything like that. They are a business and as such they need to be profitable. The "Pathfinder Advantage" is a marketing strategy to make sure that they continue to stay profitable.

With the first Pathfinder AP finishing (and 4E looming on the horizon) I imagine that a quite a few subscribers ended their subscriptions. I know I did.* As such Paizo need something to keep people subscribing, or at least transfer their Pathfinder spending over from somewhere like Amazon. The "Pathfinder Advantage" does just that.

At the same time, people who get the "Pathfinder Advantage" are now more likely to buy the rest of their gaming stuff from Paizo as well (since they will get a 15% discount). These added sales help Paizo even more as they build a loyal customer base who will use Paizo as a one-stop-shop for all their gaming needs.

It's quite a smart move. It may have a side benefit of making things cheaper for some customers but I doubt that was the primary reason for introducing the "Pathfinder Advantage". I hope it is quite successful for them and wish them the best of luck with it.

Olaf the Stout

* The reason I ended my subsciption wasn't anything to do with the quality of the product. I was very happy with Pathfinder. However, with 4E to come out in a couple of months I have enough 3.xE adventures to keep me going for several years. Spending USD$114 on an adventure path that I was almost certain not to use didn't make much sense to me.

Remove ads