• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo vs Amazon.com

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Ghendar said:
Um, is there some reason why folks are not ordering the stuff through, oh I don't know, Paizo.com? Is it the discount?

Sorry for the snarkiness but if you want it just go to paizo.com (shrug)
I do order through Paizo.com, but your finances (and mine) are not necessarily representative of everyone else's. For folks who find money to be especially tight, I don't think anyone should begrudge them going for the biggest discount that they can legally get.

Ghendar

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I do order through Paizo.com, but your finances (and mine) are not necessarily representative of everyone else's. For folks who find money to be especially tight, I don't think anyone should begrudge them going for the biggest discount that they can legally get.

And I don't. Lord knows I've bought tons of RPG stuff at Amazon. However, when I find myself waiting two months for Amazon to actually get the product? Well, in those cases, I'll just go to Paizo instead.

GVDammerung

First Post
Paizo is the superior site for smaller press products. Amazon gives you the great discount that Paizo does not. Both have excellent customer service in my experience.

If Paizo ever got into the discount business, I think they would clean Amazon's clock. Why they haven't? I don't know.

Treebore

First Post
I bought the whole GameMastery Map line off of Paizo's website. Still, I buy a lot off of Amazon, eBay, BAMM, etc... When I look at all the books I have (for RPG's) and realize I have saved at least $1,000.00, no one can make me feel guilty for going for the discounts.

Arnwyn

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
So has anyone been able to get any of the small modules from Amazon.com? I've had Crown of the Kobold King on order for about two months now and they just e-mailed me to let me know that it'll be delayed possibly up till Feburary.
Yep, it's a serious issue so far for Amazon.ca. Since that's where I purchase all my books nowadays (LGS around here just no longer an acceptable option), the delays simply result in a "no purchase" from me.

Ghendar said:
Um, is there some reason why folks are not ordering the stuff through, oh I don't know, Paizo.com? Is it the discount?

Sorry for the snarkiness but if you want it just go to paizo.com (shrug)
Because I'm Canadian? Ordering anything through a US store is a nightmare. Apology accepted.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I know I was waiting forever for Amazon.com to stock Powers #10: Cosmic, but before I cancelled the order I went to Marvel comics website and found out that they were the ones that kept pushing back the proposed publishing date. It's not always Amazon.com's fault, although it seems that in Joe's case it was.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
GVDammerung said:
If Paizo ever got into the discount business, I think they would clean Amazon's clock. Why they haven't? I don't know.
It's pretty hard to beat Amazon when it comes to buying in bulk and automating labor to reduce labor costs. Paizo would have to get MUCH bigger to accomplish that. And, frankly, if they did that, Amazon would probably just buy them out anyway. ;)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Arnwyn said:
Because I'm Canadian? Ordering anything through a US store is a nightmare. Apology accepted.

Actually, the little I've ordered from Paizo hasn't been a problem. It takes quite a while, but they use the post, so I haven't had the delivery or brokerage fee problems that UPS give me. Amazon/Chapters are much faster for what they have, though.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
freyar said:
Actually, the little I've ordered from Paizo hasn't been a problem. It takes quite a while, but they use the post, so I haven't had the delivery or brokerage fee problems that UPS give me. Amazon/Chapters are much faster for what they have, though.

The last few books that ordred from Amazon were sent via DHL home delivery (basically, DHL handles the state to state stuff, but the USPS brings the parcel to your mailbox). That worked out very well for me, given the neighborhood (an untended UPS parcel left on a doorstep is as good as stolen where I live currently). That said, Paizo always has advertised products in stock, which I've found is often not the case with Amazon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads