• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off to War (always recruiting) OCC Year 2:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ummm... questions.

What lvl do you think Haden is?

Minimum 4th. Against a very mixed party (levels 2-6 now). (BTW, ghostcat, get fireball! Get fireball now! ;) )
But he's got a lot of helpers, increasing the EL. And you were so kind as to give us a throwaway fight first. :p
And we're lacking any kind of healing, as we have been for the entire campaign. :p

Do you really think Desnor (with a scythe spiritual weapon) channels positive energy?

Just food for thought... :p

HM

Doesn't matter which he channels.
Any Evil Cleric (or even Neutral with Negative Channeling) should have a couple Cure spells at the ready. Once you deplete said Cure spells, they have no healing left... But first you've got to nix them. Unless you can hit them hard enough and fast enough to take them down in one round. And our offensive abilities aren't likely to do so (unless I somehow manage a near-max damage roll Channeling a Shocking Grasp).

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Yeah, I was thinking I would charge Dresnor, and then you can still charge with 10' reach. Haden would still hit me, more than likely, and could even put me down with a few lucky hits. Down to 17hp, this is gonna be tough. I would switch aura to Power, so that it is +1 dmg to melee attacks.

Wish we had Cedric, as some more spells would be nice instead of bolts. This whole battle went wrong from the start.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I looked at Cedrics spell list and it isn't very helpful. I gave him Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Burning Hands, and Feather Fall for the day.

And that is pretty much his offensive arsenal. He has Daze for zero lvl so I figure for now a lucky crossbow bolt is all the support till things go south than he will advance with total D to get in burning hands range.

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Power is always good. Toughness might help us survive... but 1 HP less to us likely isn't going to help much. Personally, I favor increasing damage output rather than damage negation. The sooner the enemy goes down, the sooner they'll stop hitting you. Or Energy Shield, if you really think the guys we're going to rush are going to take us in melee.
We'll also see how well our foes fare after I close in and get a Quick Cast off...

Yeah, it would help if we weren't missing people controlling their characters, immediately relegating those characters to the Pile of Mediocrity (and no advancement of power). :erm:

BTW, never think the enemy is going to hit you. Because then they will. You're the tank - start acting like the tank! ;)
Too bad you don't have Touch of Vitality yet... I think the only thing better than that for mid-battle healing is the Heal (and Mass Heal) spell.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
I guess we wait to see what ernestine does, then Haden's reaction. Then, it's do or die time..

Yeah, touch of vitality would have been nice right now. Adding up HP, enemies are at about 150, we are less than 100.... not good.

ghostcat

First Post
[MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION]. Will you let Trinham get his 3rd level spell in the heat of battle and me do the rest of the L6 update later? Ghostcat crosses his fingers.

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
Nuuu, I forgots about it and now I ran out of times!!!
T_T

Any ways, here is a WIP of The Dandy Hydra!
It's a smarter Hydra! with a top-hat and monocle!

Comments on The Dandy Hydra, think one should pop up sooner or latter? :lol:

... Yes, it's having Tea... and yes, the one with the lil hat... has a crumpet in its mouth.. I don't know were the other ones are :erm:

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
I think that the only useful summon I have left is a spider. I wont be able to hit Dresnor/ Haden without rolling well, and then they would one shot the poor guy.

With a spider using its web attack, he's at least entangled. thats at least -2 AC right there. But, I was going to wait till he gets closer, so we can actually get up to him.

If anything, I can shoot a pot shot at haden while he is moving forward.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Oh great, I was expecting to be tantalizingly close to leveling, so woot!

Lets see level 2 of Wizard, 2nd level is not available as an Elf Generalist sub level, sadly not a new spell level.

Wizard 2nd
HP 1d4+1 3
Caster level rises to 3 (thanks to Practiced Spellcaster)
Gain 1 Oth level Spell Slot and 1 1st level Spell Slot
Gain 3 1st level Spells in Spellbook , 1 from Elf Generalist.
Spells Selected: Nerveskitter, Golem Strike, and Magic Missile.
Gain 9 skill points (2 base +2 House Rule +5 INT): Concentration 1 rank, Disable Device 2 ranks, Open Lock 2 ranks, Search 1 rank, Spellcraft 1 rank, Spot 2 ranks.
Furkiss's HP increase to 7.

I also note that Aver should have had 11hp, rather than 12 - I counted his Con as +2 in the level up for some reason when its actually +1 - so his HP before level up would have been 11/5 and I believe should be 14/8 now.

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
I am still a bit confused about the battle, are the squares 5ft or not, why did Aver perform a completely different actions from the one I posted? Maybe because I had the distance wrong? I had him shoot his bow at one of the minions, but Hm had him hide?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads