• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need classes for Dread necro gestalt

so what would the calculations be for a + 8?
+8 would be 24, 45, 63, 78, 90, 99, 105, and finally 108 to fully buy off.

In short, epic levels that very few people tend to think of much less allow or play.

Keep in mind that LA tends to be a rather bad idea because it means your hit points, saves, and BAB are lagging behind and at +8 they've been flushed down the toilet and on their way to the sewers. You'll have to have a very accepting DM to pull it off. Gestalt can help solve the problem of course, but it could still very well mean you're behind compared to 0 LA with full class abilities and such.

Last edited:

Empirate

First Post
The reported post was made by a spambot.

To cover your necromancing PrC questions, I'll refer you to a handbook for more in-depth information than I can give myself.

Were I you, I'd PrC out after 8 levels of Dread Necromancer, dipping Sandshaper for a huge bundle of additional spells known, and then going Shadow Adept or Incantatrix, finishing the build with a couple levels Archmage.

gwyllgi

First Post
The reported post was made by a spambot.

To cover your necromancing PrC questions, I'll refer you to a handbook for more in-depth information than I can give myself.

Were I you, I'd PrC out after 8 levels of Dread Necromancer, dipping Sandshaper for a huge bundle of additional spells known, and then going Shadow Adept or Incantatrix, finishing the build with a couple levels Archmage.

Okay i know incantrix is apperantly broken, so i'll go shadow. however i'd like to know, what template should i get for my spell scale?

Empirate

First Post
So long as it doesn't come with LA, anything that strikes your fancy. I don't know of any LA+0 templates that give a bonus to Cha (or anything you might like), though, so personally I'd go without templates. The only thing that'd be really nice for Dread Necromancers is Necropolitan (Libris Mortis), but that will probably not be available at first level, since it costs an actual character level (by dying in a gruesome ritual) instead of LA to become one.

Incantatrix is by no means broken, BTW. It's just very, very good.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
an LA+0 template that might help your story of "My spellscale survived & got away" could be the Amphibious Template from Stormwrack, which grants water breathing (as well as normal air), a swim speed and the +8 Swim skill check in exchange for a -2 to DEX.

gwyllgi

First Post
okay i don't mean to rez a old thread but i've been informed of the dracolich a +4 template far more powerful than any of the vampire ones and can be used by a spellscale because they count as a dragon.

what would be the pay off?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads