• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E @$#&!! My Funny Bone!!!: Critical Hit Cards from Paizo

Drew

Explorer
I like fun things like these, so I picked one up at the FLGS. The only problem is that my group is already using the Crit / Fumble chart from the Dragon Compendium, and they seem to really dig it. It looks like these might be a tough sell if only for that reason. Still, a I'm willing to shell out $10 for a novelty like the critical hit deck and shelve it for later use. Keep things like this coming, Paizo.

Odhanan

Adventurer
I don't think it'd be an heresy to not use it, Drew. If the chart from DC works for your group, then no need to change for the deck! I think the deck will appeal to people who like the game in "role-playing game". It's a physical thing that replaces the math of Crits, with wacky effects that greatly change the feel of combat when Crits occur. For my gaming group, I know it'll be an instant success. It's sure this won't be the case for everyone.

My two coppers. :)

Shazman

Banned
Banned
I might have to give it a try if my budget can handle it. There aren't any game breaking abuses of this are there? A character dual-wileding kukris or scimitars could get to draw from this a lot.

Engilbrand

First Post
I liked them until I realized that you don't also get the crit damage. That sucked. I would like the ability to draw if you want instead. We were in some nasty fights where an extra 15-30 damage would've been real nice. Instead, there was a kidney shot.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Engilbrand said:
I liked them until I realized that you don't also get the crit damage. That sucked. I would like the ability to draw if you want instead. We were in some nasty fights where an extra 15-30 damage would've been real nice. Instead, there was a kidney shot.

Why can't you just apply the crit damage? It's your game, do what you want.

Cards that say you deal double damage get bumped to the next mulitplier and so on. It'll make for a reeeeeally lethal game but if that's what youre going for then go for it.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
If you are picky and that's not good enough for you - well- there is this little game called Rolemaster that has always been the best system available for describing individual critical effects.

Getting out those RM tables and making card decks for them is not that hard...

If you are being serious, glad to meet another RM fan.

If you are being sarcastic... :mad:

:D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads