Paizo's Humble Bundle Brings Comfort and Joy with Comicbooks For Kids!

Paizo's Humble Bundles have helped bring comics to kids and teens in hospitals in the US and the UK by choosing Comicbooks for Kids!

Paizo's Humble Bundles have helped bring comics to kids and teens in hospitals in the US and the UK by choosing Comicbooks for Kids!

comicbooks for kids.jpg

When it started seven years ago, Comicbooks For Kids! had a dream: to provide comic books to children in hospitals and cancer centers. These books not only provided escapism for the kids and teens, but also reduced their anxiety and gave the hospital staff a new way to bond with them.

But they had a challenge. Without financial support, they had no way to provide more books to more hospitals.

That's where Paizo stepped in with their Humble Bundles.

Mark Weiss, Founder and President of ComicBooks For Kids! reports, “This year and directly attributed to Paizo and these Humble Bundles, we are now the largest charity in not only the US, but the world (as we now have a branch in the UK) for the items we provide. We now support over 200 hospitals in all 50 states to all demographics. Moreover, we have been able to provide almost 500,000 items across the world. These items have grown from comic books to now include coloring books, action figures, funko pops, T-shirts, toys, games and yes items from Paizo too! Our indoor storage space, necessary for infectious disease controls, has grown to over 1100 SQ feet stacked with goodies to give to the children. As the executive Director, I joyfully spend 60 hours a week ensuring that goodness happens!”

In addition to providing comics to kids, they have started a sister charity called ComicBooks for Troops. Overnight, they became the largest charity in the US sending these items to the troops.

None of this would be possible without the support of Paizo. The current Pathfinder Second Edition Legacy Humble Bundle benefiting ComicBooks For Kids! ends Saturday, January 6 at 11 AM Pacific.

Moving forward, ComicBooks For Kids! has many big plans for 2024. Visit their website to keep up with all that they do.

Dawn Dalton

Dawn Dalton

GreyLord

Legend
You know, this is a great article and very informative. I didn't know that they had a comicbooks for troops, but I am EXTREMELY grateful for such an idea and such a charity.

I had a kid that was in the military. When they were deployed they talked about some of the boxes that they recieved or items that their units got. One thing they could not understand was how they would get a LOT of books, but most of the books they got were Romance Books.

They would have LOVED to get something other than those types of books. On occasion they did get things from other companies.

FFG (before being sold to Asmodee) seemed to be one that they would see items from (no idea if it was from FFG itself or someone else sending FFG items, but it's nice to think FFG was that nice in that way to send those deployed FFG items) would be something they'd see every so often.

Trolllord games was another that they occasionally saw.

Those two companies appeared to actually support or help cheer up the troops (as opposed to others that may have said they did, but nothing was seen of this stuff from those deployed).

He said he saw some Xbox stuff at R&R bases and Microsoft supported gaming and things at R&R as well.

I thought I'd give acknowledgement of others who have supported or cheered up those sent off on orders or deployed in addition to talking about the comic book thing in the article.

As for anything else with gaming, entertainment, or something to cheer them up when they were sent on orders (especially over the Holidays) while deployed...

Most of the other items (like D&D, MtG, and yes...comicbooks) were not things that they got or saw at all.

It was either candy, toiletries, or romance books (and they didn't much care for the Romance books, or at least my kid didn't). They occasionally got cards over the holidays (and once got a CD they told me about but I can't recall what it was) from kids and schools and such.

If the Comicbooks for troops sends the comicbooks overseas to those deployed or otherwise sent where they may not necessarily wish to be, but have to be (because orders and such) I think it's a wonderful and terrific charity.

Giving to kids in Hospitals is also a great thing, but what caught my eye on the article was about the troops.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads