Microlite20 : the smallest thing in gaming

Cymew

First Post
I thought I'd better add an on-topic reply as well.

I've noticed we have four skills, four stats (well, many of us anyway) and four classes.

Now, we also have four "special abilities", one for each class. Or do we?

Fighters can add to damage and to-hit, more every 5th level
Thieves can sneak attack
Clerics can turn undead

MU can cast spells. But wait! Clerics can cast spells too, and turn undead as well...

Is it just my need for symmetry haunting me, or is there any ability from classic D&D that's missing from the Magic-User?

greywulf

First Post
Symmetry bad! Don't get hooked up on the whole 4, 4, 4 thing. Please!

Thanx :)

My Microlite20-time is sliding away this week as real-world deadlines whistle by. More from me at the weekend; meanwhile, keep chatting among yourselves!

Cymew

First Post
I'll go and flog my sense of symmetry a bit then. ;)

Seriously, I wasn't sure there was a point in pushing the "four" thing too far. I'll gladly drop it.

kensanata

Explorer
Cymew said:
I'll go and flog my sense of symmetry a bit then.

I knew it! We should add either a new class, just to break symmetry some more. I vote for Ranger with no skill bonus but an animal companion instead. Or a new race. I vote for Orcs with STR+3, MIND-1. But not both, haha!

greywulf

First Post
Maybe we should have three stats, classes and skills:

- STR, DEX, MIND
- Phys, Sub, Comm
- Fighter, Rogue, Spellcaster

3,3,3. Half the number of the beast :)

I suspect it would also have three players too..........

Ry

Explorer
kensanata said:
I like it! Who needs to differentiate between clerics and wizards and all the rest? It's all magic to me... :)

I so dig it. I'm still calling MIND INT (Intellect) though, and making WIL (Willpower) something EVERYBODY wants.

Larcen

Explorer
Cymew said:
MU can cast spells. But wait! Clerics can cast spells too, and turn undead as well...

Is it just my need for symmetry haunting me, or is there any ability from classic D&D that's missing from the Magic-User?

Hey, why should all clerics be able to turn undead? Surely some of the gods are not into that sort of thing. I say make Turn Undead a low level divine spell that scales with character level and let the ones who want it take it. That then eliminates the extra special ability for Clerics.

Last edited:

Remove ads