• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

+Magic Armor Rules -Help?

Rhun

First Post
Spells don't follow crafting limitations as far as I know.

GMW should work just fine. But there are a couple major drawbacks to your strategy. First and foremost is that your weapon is very vulnerable to dispel magic. Any area dispel will hit your weapon as well as you. As this should be a frequent tactic of enemies at your level, its a big thing to consider.

It is NOT a crafting limitation: "A single weapon cannot have a modified bonus (enhancement bonus plus special ability bonus equivalent) higher than +10." There is no mention of crafting anywhere in that sentence. It is clearly spelled out that a single weapon cannot be higher than +10.

With that said, it honestly isn't going to come up a whole lot, except maybe in very high-level games. If your PC has a +5 vorpal sword (+10 modified) and somebody casts a +5 GMW on it, it is still a +5 vorpal sword (since only the highest enhancement bonus applies, and they do not stack).

Dross

Explorer
???

Say i have a +8 sword. ----> +2 enhancement bonus , +6 various abilities

+2 enhancement bounus ≤ 5, +2 enhancement bounus ≥ 1 Magic weapons have enhancement bonuses ranging from +1 to +5
+8 total ≤ 10 A single weapon cannot have a modified bonus (enhancement bonus plus special ability bonus equivalents) higher than +10
enhancement bonus ≥ 1 A weapon with a special ability must have at least a +1 enhancement bonus.

What is it that you see that i don't???

By that I mean the DM has followed the the reasoning you think I have. That was why I said the two needed to have a look at the specific rule the DM is using.

Okay, looking back admittedly not that clear.

akbearfoot

First Post
Right...but we already know there are lots of magic weapons above +10. They are called 'epic'. If the 'no weapons above +10' was meant as 'no matter what' then clearly epic weapons could not exist.

This has been talked about before with the Bane property. It can easily turn a +5 sword into a +7 sword.

Rhun

First Post
Right...but we already know there are lots of magic weapons above +10. They are called 'epic'. If the 'no weapons above +10' was meant as 'no matter what' then clearly epic weapons could not exist.

This assumes that your DM is using epic rules.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads