• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is The Forum Getting More Antagonistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
edit: never mind... I think it was just taken form me, so I will not be able to report abuse I feel I am getting. this makes this form MUCH more antagonistic to me. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :eek: I guess I am going to have to consider if I want to stay in a place that wont let me ask for help when I feel I need it.

Before you fly off the handle, I'd consider sending a direct message to Morrus. It's probably something as mundane as a glitch in a profile.

It feels odd that they would take it from you without letting you know, so I would definitely ask them to see if it was a glitch!

But if they did, I'm kind of curious about why (do you keep reporting the mods themselves, or report dozens of things a thread from back-to-back posts, or things they really disagree with, or enough to fill up the buffers...).

Last edited:

Thomas Shey

Legend
It feels odd that they would take it from you without letting you know, so I would definitely ask them to see if it was a glitch!

Yeah, I've seen people have the report function removed from people because of overuse or misuse in other places in the past, but it seems unlikely they wouldn't tell you they were doing it, even with the relatively "stealth mod" approach sometimes taken here.

But if they did, I'm kind of curious about why (do you keep reporting the mods themselves, or report dozens of things a thread from back-to-back posts, or things they really disagree with, or enough to fill up the buffers...).

As I said, its been known to happen other places.

it was not a glitch
I do none of this, but I don't want to go into direct mod choices and punishments, my punishment was my mistake because I didn't know until i went to report something today I don't even know when it was done.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Honestly, it's a naughty word move on the mods part to do it without notice even if they think someone is overusing the feature.

We had a communication slip up on that one, yes.

Your foul language invoking the language filter over a simple human mistake, before you'd spent the least effort to find out what was going on, at least provides some basic empirical evidence that, yes, the boards are getting more antagonistic.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten

Your foul language invoking the language filter over a simple human mistake, before you'd spent the least effort to find out what was going on, at least provides some basic empirical evidence that, yes, the boards are getting more antagonistic.
To be fair, I think at least part of that can be attributed to a general erosion of trust in this site's mods.

To be fair, I think at least part of that can be attributed to a general erosion of trust in this site's mods.
as the person who (by mistake I will trust Umbran) not informed I will say up until today I was under the impression that i was welcome here but disagreed with some of the moderation... but I didn't break the rules and go against red text. Even when I was the target of teh red text (and at least sometimes I have felt it unfair) I said "that's it I'm not appealing this, I just have to except they see it different" and move on.
This has changed that feeling.

Like I said to Umbran in private I wills ay here then leave it. This feels like a boss who makes you want to quit instead of fireing you. The taking away of the report feature as a 'punishment' means i have no legal recourse of reporting means anytime I feel that i AM being attacked my options are super limited... even if before they felt my reports were not in good faith (and I always felt they were) I see no reason why they could not ignore reports they don't like. I have always accepted there choice in the past.

this very much goes to the heart of this thread or else I wouldn't even post this (thinking that it is dangerous close to talking about red text rulerings) has enworld gotten more antagonistic, at least for me I have felt it has for months, especially since the play test dropped, but today it has become some what more so.

I do not want
a general erosion of trust in this site's mods.
but I do not feel anywhere near as welcome as I have even when being red text warnings before this (again even if it was a mistake that I take Umbran at his word of)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

That language was the act of an individual. That individual should not be the subject of discussion here, other than to note that an individual act is not a sign of, nor should be attributed to, "general" anything.

Olrox17

Hero
An opinion on moderation, assuming this is an appropriate thread to express it:

I think it's inappropriate and not conducive to good conversation when mods fully engage in forum discussions, especially heated ones, which is something I've often seen happen on Enworld. At the very least, I believe that mods should use an alt account (not their "official" mod one) when actively engaging in discussions. Mod accounts should only be used (again, fully IMO) for mod duties.

Debating a mod on an internet forum feels a bit like debating a police officer on duty IRL. It's uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads