The Ethics of Two Way Ignore

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
For some reason you seem to take delight in rubbing my nose in the number of folks who have me blocked and trying to make me look like the bad guy, making comments like, "You must be lonely here" and saying how little you care about how the block feature impacts me. I don't know why you do that.

Mod Note:
Please take this up in private. This thread is not the place for you to work out your differences with the site owner.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I was surprised that there were something like six pages of folks with at least 24 blocks. But I guess I don't have a good feeling for how many really active posters we have. (Makes me wonder what some sort of network analysis on who blocked who would look like).

And now I'm wondering how many warnings per 1,000 posts or per year it takes someone to be an outlier.

[The data on both would be really cool to analyze....]
I'm actually surprised it isn't more. A lit ray of optimism about humanity! I think when you have a strong culture, with clear rules, and active moderation, people start policing themselves or move on to other places if that are more open to their behavior.

Remove ads