• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part II

Dichotomy

Explorer
Alendar quickly moves the everburning torch from the green lantern to the blue one in the next passage. The group, or some part of it, turns the sarcophagus again, and, as expected, it settles in after a click. The arrow points at the blue lantern, but nothing seems to happen this time.

TiCaudata

First Post
Breth eyes the spot where the cylinder should be warily. "Whew! I would hate to be able to expect something to happen twice in a row.

Maybe it's a trap?"

michael_noah

First Post
"I will check it out..." mutters Boldak. He proceeds to thoroughly examine the passage.
[sblock=ooc]He'll take 20 searching the 5' around the 'elevator' circle, and just search the rest of the place normally.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Aside from the fact that this is the tunnel with the higher ceiling, and the tunnel branching off to the screaming face, Boldak finds nothing of note in his search.

michael_noah

First Post
"Well... maybe this had an effect at the top of the tunnel here? I'd think we'd like to see if it's any different... at least at a glance. I don't really fancy being blown out again, but I could at least take a peak."

Unless the others object, Boldak climbs to the top to see if any change has occurred, particularly if the face at the end of the tunnel has moved. He'll not venture down the tunnel at the moment, though.

Dichotomy

Explorer
[edit: I posted too fast]

First, Boldak examines the tunnel at the top. However, he can find no change that occurred.

Next, nodding at Breth's suggestion, Alendar again moves the everburing torch to the indigo lantern. With another click, the sarcophagus' arrow points down the tunnel. This time the cylinder rises at the end and the doors open, just like in the first elevator the group found.

TiCaudata

First Post
"It isn't that I don't want to, merely that I would be overcome rather quickly if anything was down there, and then where would the rest of you be?" The sorcerer steps aside with a smile as he makes his speech.

Last edited:

michael_noah

First Post
Boldak steps back and waits.

As Viktor steps up to the elevator, the dwarf calls out, "Well now, there's no reason for you to go down. You won't be able to see anything. Besides, my luck has been good of late." He proceeds to move past the humans to enter the chamber.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads