• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E How Many PHB's have you bought?

How many 5e Player's Handbooks have you bought for your personal use?

Votes: 64 40.0%

Votes: 46 28.8%

Votes: 17 10.6%

Votes: 7 4.4%

Votes: 6 3.8%

Votes: 5 3.1%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10+

• ZERO

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Well Technically....(other, explain below)

Votes: 4 2.5%

GreyLord

Legend
As the title asks...how many PHB's have you bought. I feel part of the estimates of how many D&D players there are is dependant on how many core rulebooks have sold (but I think the PHB sales are more indicative than entire D&D core rule sets, or DMG's or MMs or even starter sets...I decided to do a poll on PHB's only). In that light, how much have you contributed "to the numbers" with how many PHB's you've bought.

This is strictly for 5e PHBs. Myself, I have gotten 5 of them.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Do you mean all formats? In which case I may have bought 6. Some as gifts but I bought 2 physical for myself as the first one fell apart and electronically on FantasyGrounds and D&D Beyond (one of the gift versions is a D&D Beyond purchase also).

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Well, technically...

I bought one for myself, ripped off the binding, and scanned it so I have a bookmarked, digital copy.

I bought a second one, but gave that to my Monday night group players to use and leave at their place. I figured they had paid for enough pizza, once in a while I might buy a book for the group's use.

JEB

Legend
One PHB in 2014 when 5E was brand-new - which I read on the way to Gen Con - and one replacement when the binding on the original started to wear out. Another member of the group came up with the clever idea of finishing the job on the original, and putting the loose pages into a three-ring binder, which became our group reference copy.

I'm pretty sure I also bought one or two PHBs for other members of the group, during sales and such.

Remove ads