D&D General How many D&D5e(2014) "Adventure Paths" have you played/finished?

How many of the "big/long" D&D 5e (2014) have you actually played and or finished?

Votes: 12 17.1%

Votes: 18 25.7%

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 14 20.0%

Votes: 5 7.1%

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 4.3%

Votes: 1 1.4%

• 10+

Voadam

Legend
I own three 5e WotC ones, Curse of Strahd, Icewind Dale, and Hoard of the Dragon Queen but have not run any as a DM. When the Curse of Strahd game I was playing in ended from DM burnout I offered to run a game for the group with Icewind Dale being among the 20 adventure themes I offered as possibilities I would be interested in running. There were a lot of Pathfinder 1e APs, some Call of Cthulhu big adventures, 5e Adventures in Middle Earth, and a couple other things. The group chose the Pathfinder 1e Iron Gods AP which I have been converting to 5e and currently I am in the third module. One out of twenty was not good odds.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ran and completed Lost Mines for one group... ran and completed Tyranny of Dragons for one group and ran Horde of the Dragon Queen for a second group who then split off from the Tyranny story and did not progress into Rise of Tiamat... and ran and completed Curse of Strahd for two groups simultaneously.

Retreater

Legend
Unsure how to answer the question using the poll, since you asked two questions (how many have you played? how many have you finished?)

1) Hoard of the Dragon Queen (finished)
2) Princes of the Apocalypse (finished one of the Elemental Princes - but not all 4)
3) Out of the Abyss (finished the first half - until they leave the Underdark)
4) Curse of Strahd (finished - twice)
5) Storm King's Thunder (ran about a third of it before it went off the rails)
6) Tome of Annhilation (finished)
7) Dragon Heist (finished one of the villains - not all of them)
8) Icewind Dale (finished the half of the adventure that isn't the anticlimax that has nothing to do with the rest of the adventure)

Now that I'm going chronologically, I realize that Icewind Dale was the last official adventure I tried to run, probably the last 5e book I purchased.

aco175

Legend
We finished the Princes of the Apocalypses (PotA) book. I did not count the boxed starter sets as part of the big/long APs or the parts of Yawning Portal that we used since it was not even half the book.

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
I’m not sure how to answer this question. My group finished both HotDQ and RoT, which would be 2. But now they’re combined into ToD, so maybe it’s just 1? One of my groups stared TftYP, but hasn’t finished yet. Another of my groups intends to do CotND, but we’re currently doing Unwelcome Spirits first and then moving on when we hit 3rd level. So I answered 2, but it could be as many as 4 depending on how you interpret the OP.

Voadam

Legend
I am not counting White Plume Mountain out of Tales of the Yawning Portal as it is a short adventure and only one in an anthology. I did run it twice to a conclusion with two separate 5e groups, one TPK and one gained the Trident and were safely ejected with it from the steam explosion.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
7, but a couple of those 7 I've run more than once.

Lost Mine of Phandelver - ran multiple times
Curse of Strahd - ran twice, prepping a third run now
Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden - ran once, running two groups through it now
Dragon of Icespire Peak - ran once
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist - ran once
Tomb of Annihilation - played once
Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus - played once

ezo

I cast invisibility
CoS (twice)
RotFM (twice)
LMoP
Most of Yawning Portal (I think I have two left to go)
Descent into Avernus (about half done)

I only voted 3 for the ones I actually finished running. For CoS and RotFM I was a player once and the DM once.

Vael

Legend
Completed
Played through:
  • Descent into Avernus
  • Curse of Strahd
DMed:
  • Dragonheist
  • Light of Xaryxis (twice, but not sure if this is long enough to count as an AP)

Started, but didn't get through:
  • Hoard of the Dragon Queen
  • Out of the Abyss

Remove ads